1 Corinthians - Chapter 10
1 Corinthians Chapters
5 In spite of this, God was not pleased with most of them, and their corpses were scattered over the desert.
6 Now these happenings were examples, for our benefit, so that we should never set our hearts, as they did, on evil things;
9 And we are not to put the Lord to the test; some of them put him to the test, and they were killed by snakes.
12 Everyone, no matter how firmly he thinks he is standing, must be careful he does not fall.
13 None of the trials which have come upon you is more than a human being can stand. You can trust that God will not let you be put to the test beyond your strength, but with any trial will also provide a way out by enabling you to put up with it.
19 What does this mean? That the dedication of food to false gods amounts to anything? Or that false gods themselves amount to anything?
21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons as well; you cannot have a share at the Lord's table and the demons' table as well.
26 since To the Lord belong the earth and all it contains.
27 If an unbeliever invites you to a meal, go if you want to, and eat whatever is put before you; you need not ask questions of conscience first.
28 But if someone says to you, 'This food has been offered in sacrifice,' do not eat it, out of consideration for the person that told you, for conscience's sake-
31 Whatever you eat, then, or drink, and whatever else you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 8, 10
Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis: Our Lady reveals everyone has a place in the Church
- Daily Readings for Thursday, December 14, 2017
- St. John of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Bioscience firms admit trafficking illegal fetal body parts - How ...
- Could it be an alien spacecraft? Scientists listening today for ...
- NO, you may NOT venerate the apparitions in Medjugorje
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 15th, 2017 HD Video
- Is Facebook ripping apart human civilization? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, December 14th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes early HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way