Leviticus - Chapter 7
3 He will then offer all the fat: the tail, the fat covering the entrails,
12 "If this is offered as a sacrifice with praise, to the latter must be added an offering of unleavened cakes mixed with oil, unleavened wafers spread with oil, and wheaten flour in the form of cakes mixed with oil.
13 This offering, then, must be added to the cakes of leavened bread and to the communion sacrifice with praise.
15 The meat of the victim will be eaten on the day the offering is made; nothing may be left until next morning.
16 "If the victim is offered as a votive or a voluntary sacrifice, it must be eaten on the day it is offered, and the remainder may be eaten on the following day;
18 "If any of the meat of a victim offered as a communion sacrifice is eaten on the third day, the person who has offered it will not be acceptable and will receive no credit for it. It will count as rotten meat, and the person who eats it will bear the consequences of the guilt.
21 Furthermore, if anyone touches anything unclean, human or animal, or any foul thing, and then eats the meat of a communion sacrifice offered to Yahweh, that individual will be outlawed from his people." '
22 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
23 'Speak to the Israelites and say: "You may not eat the fat of ox, sheep or goat.
26 "Wherever you live, you will never eat blood, whether it be of bird or of beast.
27 Anyone who eats any blood will be outlawed from his people." '
28 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
30 He must bring the food to be burnt for Yahweh, that is to say, the fat adhering to the forequarters, with his own hands. He will bring it, and also the forequarters, with which he will make the gesture of offering before Yahweh.
34 For I have deprived the Israelites of the forequarter offered and the thigh presented in their communion sacrifices, and given them to the priest Aaron and his descendants; this is a perpetual law for the Israelites." '
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Luke 1:46-48, 49-50, 53-54
Gospel, John 1:6-8, 19-28
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 5:16-24
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Olympias: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way