Leviticus - Chapter 1
1 Yahweh summoned Moses and, speaking to him from the Tent of Meeting, said,
3 "If his offering is to be a burnt offering from the herd, he must offer an unblemished male; he will offer it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, to make it acceptable to Yahweh.
4 He must lay his hand on the victim's head, and it will be accepted as effectual for his expiation.
6 He will then skin the victim and quarter it.
14 "If his offering to Yahweh is to be a burnt offering of a bird, he must offer a turtledove or a young pigeon.
17 He will then split it in half with a wing on each side, but without separating the two parts. The priest will then burn it on the altar, on the wood which is on the fire, as a burnt offering, food burnt as a smell pleasing to Yahweh." '
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD Video
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD