Leviticus - Chapter 1
1 Yahweh summoned Moses and, speaking to him from the Tent of Meeting, said,
3 "If his offering is to be a burnt offering from the herd, he must offer an unblemished male; he will offer it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting, to make it acceptable to Yahweh.
4 He must lay his hand on the victim's head, and it will be accepted as effectual for his expiation.
6 He will then skin the victim and quarter it.
14 "If his offering to Yahweh is to be a burnt offering of a bird, he must offer a turtledove or a young pigeon.
17 He will then split it in half with a wing on each side, but without separating the two parts. The priest will then burn it on the altar, on the wood which is on the fire, as a burnt offering, food burnt as a smell pleasing to Yahweh." '
Reading 1, Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12: 1 He brought me back to the entrance of the Temple, where a ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9: 2 so we shall not be afraid though the earth ... Gospel, John 5:1-3, 5-16: 1 After this there was a Jewish festival, and Jesus went up to ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Victims of a failing system or child abusers? Couple leaves young ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.