Leviticus - Chapter 20
1 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said:
5 I myself shall turn my face against that man and his clan. I shall outlaw them from their people, both him and all those after him who prostitute themselves by following Molech.
7 "Sanctify yourselves and be holy, for I am Yahweh your God.
8 "You will keep my laws and put them into practice, for it is I, Yahweh, who make you holy.
17 "The man who marries his father's or his mother's daughter: if they have intercourse together, this is an outrage. They will be executed in public, for the man has had intercourse with his sister; he will bear the consequences of his guilt.
18 "The man who has intercourse with a woman during her monthly periods and exposes her nakedness: he has laid bare the source of her blood, and she has exposed the source of her blood, and both of them will be outlawed from their people.
23 You will not follow the laws of the nations whom I am driving out before you; they practised all these things, which is why I detested them.
24 As I have already told you, you will take possession of their soil, I myself shall give you possession of it, a country flowing with milk and honey. "Since I, Yahweh your God, have set you apart from these peoples,
25 you for your part will make a distinction between clean animals and unclean ones and between unclean birds and clean ones, and will not make yourselves detestable with any animal or bird or reptile, which I have set apart from you as unclean.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 57:2, 3-4, 6, 11
Gospel, Mark 3:13-19
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- St. Fillan: Saint of the Day for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, January 19, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education