Leviticus - Chapter 18
1 Yahweh spoke to Moses and said:
3 You must not behave as they do in Egypt where you used to live; you must not behave as they do in Canaan where I am taking you, nor must you follow their laws.
8 "You will not have intercourse with your father's wife; it is your father's sexual prerogative.
10 "You will not have intercourse with your son's or your daughter's daughter; for their sexual privacy is your own.
12 "You will not have intercourse with your father's sister; for she is your father's own flesh and blood.
13 "You will not have intercourse with your mother's sister; for she is your mother's own flesh and blood.
16 "You will not have intercourse with your brother's wife; it is your brother's sexual prerogative.
17 "You will not have intercourse with a woman and her daughter; nor will you take her son's or her daughter's daughter, to have intercourse with them. They are your own flesh and blood; it would be incest.
20 "Furthermore, you will not have intercourse with your fellow-citizen's wife; you would become unclean by doing so.
23 "You will not have intercourse with any kind of animal; you would become unclean by doing so. Nor will a woman offer herself to an animal, to have intercourse with it. This would be a violation of nature.
25 The country has become unclean; hence I am about to punish it for its guilt, and the country itself will vomit out its inhabitants.
28 If you make it unclean, will it not vomit you out as it vomited out the nations there before you?
Reading 1, Joshua 24:1-13: 1 Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel together at Shechem; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 136:1-3, 16-18, 21-22, 24: 1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 19:3-12: 3 Some Pharisees approached him, and to put him to the test they ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- St. John Eudes: Saint of the Day for Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD