Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
St. Vincent Ferrer is the patron saint of builders because of his fame for "building up" and strengthening the Church: through his preaching, missionary work, in his teachings, as confessor ... continue reading
More Saints of the Day
Missionary. Born at Saint-Germain, France, circa 1125, he served as a canon at the church of St. Genevieve, Paris, under the great Abbot Suger until about 1170, when he was sent to Denmark with the ... continue reading
Saint Feast Days by Month
Empress mother of Constantine the Great. She was a native of Bithynia, who married the then Roman general Constantius I Chlorus about 270. Constantine was born soon after, and in 293, Constantius was ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
According to her apochryphal tradition, she was a resident of Caesarea, Cappadocia, who when she refused to sacrifice to the gods during Emperor Diocletian's persecution of the Christians, was tortured by the governor and ordered executed. On the way to the place of ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Ten year old girl gives birth following rape in India
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Sen. Bob Corker joins ranks of seditious who want to overthrow a ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- Feeling down? Here's how to change YOUR LIFE and THE WORLD from Navy ...
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD