Help Now >
Damasus II Pope for 23 days in 1048, Damasus was born Poppo in Bavaria and was the candidate of Henry III. The emperor had appointed Poppo bishop of Brixen (now Bressanone, Italy) in 1040. In 1048, the emperor ousted Benedict IX from Rome. Damasus died of a fever at Palestrina, where he had been escaping the heat of the Roman summer.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Dec 7th, 2022
Saints & Angels
Saints A to Z: A
Female / Women Saints
Patron Saints A-Z
Daily Scripture Readings for Advent
- Daily Readings for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- St. Romaric: Saint of the Day for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- Prayer of the Immaculate Conception: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, December 08, 2022
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Prayer for Refugees and Victims of War: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.