St. Pontius of Cimella
Martyr of France. Pontius, also called Pons, was supposedly thought to be the son of a Roman senator and perhaps received some instruction from Pope St. Pontian. Reputedly, he was responsible for the conversion of Emperor Philip the Arab, and fled to Gaul following the emperor's assassination in 249. Pontius was put to death by beheading at Cimella. His relics were translated into Languedoc.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Monday, Nov 28th, 2022
Saints & Angels
Daily Scripture Readings for Advent
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
The Apostles' Creed
St. Catherine Laboure
Female / Women Saints
Patron Saints A-Z
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- St. Saturninus: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- Psalm 31 (the Second Penitential Psalm): Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- Daily Readings for Monday, November 28, 2022
- St. Catherine Laboure: Saint of the Day for Monday, November 28, 2022
- The Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen): Prayer of the Day for Monday, November 28, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.