Zoticus (d.c. 350) + Priest and patron of the poor. Originally from Rome, he journeyed to Constantinople (modern Istanbul, Turkey) when it became the capital city of the Empire under Constantine the Great (r. 324-337). There he founded a hospital for the poor and defended orthodox Christianity before the pro-Arian emperor Constantius II (r. 641-668). Feast day: December 31.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, Aug 9th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
The Apostles' Creed
St. Edith Stein
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saints & Angels
St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Female / Women Saints
Patron Saints A-Z
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Prayer to Our Guardian Angel: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 09, 2022
- St. Edith Stein: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 09, 2022
- Prayer for Choosing a State of Life # 2: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, August 09, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.