Vallambrosan Benedictine bishop and hagiographer. He was born in Badajoz, Spain, in 1070, and he entered the Benedictines at Vallambrosa, Italy. In time he became the abbot-general of the Vallambrosans and the bishop of Pistoia in 1135. Atto wrote the lives of St. Gualbert and St. Bernard of Parma, and the history of the shrine of Compostela in Spain.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Saturday, Nov 26th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Daily Readings Archive
St. John Berchmans
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Prayer of the Day for Saturday, Nov 26
The Apostles' Creed
Patron Saints A-Z
- Daily Readings for Saturday, November 26, 2022
- St. John Berchmans: Saint of the Day for Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Act of Entrustment to Mary: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Daily Readings for Friday, November 25, 2022
- St. Catherine of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Friday, November 25, 2022
- Guardian Angel Prayer #3: Prayer of the Day for Friday, November 25, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.