Islam is not a religion of peace, and here's what should be done to stop it spreading
FREE Catholic Classes
There is only one kind of Islam in the world, and the politically correct ignore this fact at their peril. To understand the risk posed by Islam, one has only to look at the history of the religion. Once understood, the course of action to be taken should be apparent.
It is no coincidence the Islamic State uses the seal of Muhammad as its official symbol.
LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- To understand Islam, it is essential to understand the Koran in the context in which it was written. Muhammad, the key prophet of Islam advocated and oversaw the expansion of his new religion by force just prior to his death. If Islam was to be a religion of peace, someone forgot to tell Muhammad and his followers.
Today, Islam represents about a fifth of the world's faithful, and the vast majority of those people shudder at the thought of killing non-Muslims to expand their faith. They advocate the expansion of Islam by organic means, meaning though offspring and persuasion. They point out the Koran allows freedom of conscience.
However, these are the apostates of true Islam. The true and original Islam makes it clear that conversion is to be obtained by any means necessary.
Have a look at these verses and decide for yourself. (source: Catholic Online)
Or look here to see more of the same. (Source: The Religion of Peace)
More from the same source here.
It is essential to understand these people are not your friends. (Source: Jihad Watch)
And that it is acceptable for Muslims to lie to non-Muslims as a matter of faith. (Source: The Religion of Peace)
Or ask why you never hear of Christian, Buddhist or Hindu terror organizations. What is the Buddhist equivalent of ISIS? Where is the Christian version of Hamas? Do Jews have a Boko Haram equivalent in Africa?
Not only did Muhammad raise an army to take Mecca by force, his followers continued in the same manner following his death, marching Muslim armies in all directions from the Arabian Peninsula. The spread of Islam was halted in Europe at the Battle of Tours, by Charles Martel (The Hammer) in 732 AD.
Spurred by the Koran, Muslims spread their religion by means of conquest.
The setback was only temporary. Following the success of the First Crusade in 1099, the forces of Islam prepared to retake the Holy Land from the Christians. Under the leadership of the legendary Saladin, they retook much of the Holy Land and fought several clashes with subsequent crusading armies over the years to come. For awhile longer, the Crusaders held only to a thin strip of land and a few cities on the coast. During this time, Islam spread back into the Holy Land, and became the dominant religion there.
Islam was turned back in eastern Europe in 1462 where the infamous Vlad the Impaler (popularly known as Count Dracula) resorted to the harshest possible means of discouraging Islamic invasion. A chronicle of the period explains how Vlad intimidated the Ottoman Sultan into abandoning his campaign:
The sultan's army entered into the area of the impalements, which was seventeen stades long and seven stades wide. There were large stakes there on which, as it was said, about twenty thousand men, women, and children had been spitted, quite a sight for the Turks and the sultan himself. The sultan was seized with amazement and said that it was not possible to deprive of his country a man who had done such great deeds, who had such a diabolical understanding of how to govern his realm and its people. And he said that a man who had done such things was worth much. The rest of the Turks were dumbfounded when they saw the multitude of men on the stakes. There were infants too affixed to their mothers on the stakes, and birds had made their nests in their entrails.
--Laonikos Chalkokondyles: The Histories (via Wiki)
In 1492, as Christopher Columbus was stumbling though the Caribbean for the first time, the Moors were finally ejected from Spain.
The one thing all these events have in common is that for nearly a thousand years following the death of Muhammad, Islam was spread chiefly by force, and it was repelled only by great use of force. There were no people at the time who made the point that "Islam is a religion of peace."
For the next five centuries, Islam spread eastward, and remained confined to the Middle East and North Africa by a myriad of factors. However, it was stirred once again following the World Wars.
World War I saw many tribal states bisected with new national boundaries. This inflamed the passions of many people who were artificially divided from their kinsmen by foreign politics. After World War II, the resettlement of Jews and subsequent establishment of Israel gave rise to modern Islamic terrorism.
With the intrusion of the West into the Middle East, some Muslims have rediscovered the militant passages of the Koran that advocate the spread of Islam though violent means. They have taken these passages to heart, and now Islam is a force to be reckoned with around the globe.
Just how dangerous is Islam? It is the most serious threat to Christendom and all other religions in history. This may sound absurd, but Islam does not encourage mere coexistence. Instead, it advocates segregation, persecution, and ultimately violence.
- Islam is the world's fastest growing religious affiliation with 1.6 billion members and counting
- If a father is Muslim, so too are his children by default
- It is not possible for a person to leave Islam, under the penalty of death
- Muslims are spreading around the world, infiltrating other countries as refugees
- The greatest danger comes from the children of refugees, who become radicalized
- Radicalized individuals are more likely to turn to violence to spread their message
- While Muslims ostensibly condemn the actions of radicals, they do little to stop it
- Many Muslims advocate the spread of Sharia law, and have asked for their own courts
- Muslims do not assimilate, but rather congregate into their own communities
- Muslims often ask their host countries to change their laws to suit them
- By casting the religion as persecuted, the faith generates sympathy which leads to conversions
- Islam has always advocated violent expansion
- While some scriptures may support it, the idea of Islam as a non-violent religion is a modern invention
What's so bad about Sharia law anyway? Here is a sharia punishment in a moderate country.
Understood properly, Islam is an existential threat. The way to combat the threat is as follows:
- Liberalization of the faith to the point of non-violence is essential
- Assimilation should be a compulsory condition of long-term residence and citizenship
- Single men and those with dubious backgrounds should be denied travel
- An expanded, international military campaign must be staged to eliminate militant forces wherever they are found
- Sharia law must not be practiced under any circumstances
- More must be done to inform the public of the history and nature of Islam
- Mosques and residences of militants should be disbanded and destroyed
- Families of militants should be expelled or held liable for failure to report activities of which they have knowledge
- Association, affinity, or sympathy with radical groups must be punished. Nobody has the right to plot the demise of innocents without consequence.
- Vigorous prosecution of people, organizations, and even nations who support terrorists
Islam is a unique threat. It is not a nation with whom we can go to war. It is a set of ideas, bound together into a book, and variously interpreted. You cannot destroy an idea. But you can find those who express ideas that are hostile to civilization. You can find those who are prepared to turn those ideas into destructive action. And it is those people who must be arrested or destroyed before they can act.
And if they act, the consequences for their supporters and sympathizers must be so severe, so costly, that history will remember the price we exact from them for centuries to come.
Vlad the Impaler had no problems with Islamic invasions following his slaughter of twenty-thousand Muslims. We do not have to duplicate his deed, but we ought to take note of what it took to turn back people who felt it was acceptable to convert Christians by the sword.
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
A massive ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) operation has detained at least 680 illegal immigrants in Mississippi. However, the ... continue reading
The Trump administration announced a new rule on Monday, changing the asylum application process along the U.S.-Mexco border. Washington ... continue reading
Catholic priests in California could be required to break the seal of confession under a proposed law. The law, proposed by Sen. Jerry Hill ... continue reading
The Alabama House of Representatives has passed an abortion bill that would prosecute doctors who perform abortions. Doctors could face ... continue reading
In light of new infanticide laws recently enacted in NY and other states, one must ask: Is the US still a civilized nation? To the shock ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Christian filmmakers win right to sue against Minnesota human rights law
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 HD Video
- Minnesota archbishop reflects on the significance of a pastoral heart
- New South Wales parliament delays final abortion bill vote
- Daily Readings for Monday, August 26, 2019
- St. Teresa of Jesus Jornet Ibars: Saint of the Day for Monday, August ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 26th, 2019 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, August 23rd, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 25th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, August 22nd, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 24th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.