Do you still think Islam is a 'religion of peace?' These 10 verses from the Koran will show you the truth
FREE Catholic Classes
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
10/15/2014 (4 years ago)
Catholic Online (https://www.catholic.org)
From Christian apologist and blogger David Wood, comes more evidence, ripped directly from the pages of the Koran, that Islam is not a religion of peace. Wood located ten verses which will help readers understand the Islamic State's religious motivation for their actions.
Islam is the religion of peace. Care to disagree?
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - We read the comments. "Islam is a religion of peace!" "No true Muslim would commit these atrocities," and so on. However, the point needs to be made. Muslims who are afraid to get blood on their hands to spread Islam are themselves apostates. The Islamic State says as much, and they have the verses picked out to back their claims.
It may be an unpleasant, ugly thought, but Muslims do not have a gospel wherein they are given a new commandment. Instead, Jesus is simply an ancient prophet, trumped by the latest revelations from Mohammed. And Mohammed was a warlord.
Here is a top 10 list of his teachings:
10. Koran 3:32 - "Say: Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad); but if they turn away, then indeed, Allah does not love the disbelievers."
9. Koran 48:29 - "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those with him are forceful against the unbelievers, and merciful among themselves."
8. Koran 4:24 - "And (forbidden are) married women except those (captives and slaves) your right hands possess."
[Note: Wood refers to Sunan Abu Dawud 2150 for the historical background of verse 4:24. The passage reads as follows: "The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur'anic verse: "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period."]
7. Koran 5:33 - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement."
6. Koran 9:5 - "When the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
5. Koran 9:29 - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."
4. Koran 9:73 - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."
3. Koran 9:111 - "Surely Allah has bought of the believers their persons and their property for this, that they shall have the garden; they fight in Allah's way, so they slay and are slain."
2. Koran 47:35 - "Be not weary and fainthearted, crying for peace, when you should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds."
1. Koran 2:106 - "Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?"
This last verse is critical to understanding Islam. In a single verse, every loving scripture that moderate (apostate) Muslims like to quote is abrogated or trumped by later verses, such as those given to Mohammed in the Koran. It is therefore okay for Muslims to lie, deny their faith (taqiyya), or commit deeds that most would condemn when it is specifically for the faith or their own lives are in danger. It is acceptable for Muslims to wage jihad--in the form of war, against their neighbors and hypocrites and to kill these people.
You count as one of those people they would kill.
Do you get it yet? Watch the video.
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2019
Young People and the Example of Mary. That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
A bishop in the Philippines is speaking out against the death penalty of a Filipino woman who has been condemned to death in Saudi Arabia. ... continue reading
Nigeria is in the midst of counting votes cast in a contentious general election, and Catholic bishops are urging the nation's leaders to ... continue reading
Pope Francis has offered his solidarity and prayers to victims of a massive fire in the center of the Bangladeshi capital, which has ... continue reading
Catholics, Muslims and all who believe in God must work together to build a culture of love, peace and human fraternity, Pope Francis said ... continue reading
On Tuesday, Pope Francis will visit St. Joseph's Cathedral in Abu Dhabi -- one of two total Catholic churches for the Arabian city with a ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, March 18th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 21st, 2019 HD Video
- St. Josephs Way: Joseph, Husband of Mary, Model for Christian Men
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Pope Francis: 'Christianity without tenderness does not work'
- St. Joseph: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 14
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 18th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, March 15th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.