9 foods you've been eating wrong all this time
FREE Catholic Classes
Food is a major part of our lives, and the way we eat our fruits, vegetables, pastas and other dishes differ from person to person. However, you may be surprised at how many kinds of food you actually have been consuming the wrong way. Read on and find out how to do it right.
MUNTINLUPA, PHILIPPINES (Catholic Online) - According to certified foodies and food experts, you may be eating your favorite foods all wrong. If you are still devouring the frosting on your cupcakes first, before getting into the meaty part, or consume your apples and leaving out the core, then you might want to rethink the way your consume these foods.
The following are nine foods you are probably eating wrong, with some help from The Daily Mail:
1. Ice Cream - if you have been spending most of your dessert time scooping ice creams and placing them in cones, then it is time that you find out how you should really serve your tub of ice cream. Take them out of the freezer, submerge the tub in hot water for a few seconds and invert its content onto a plate. Slice through the ice cream and serve!
2. Chicken Wings - The best way to eat a messy chicken wing is to pull out the bones from both sides of the wing and you will instantly turn it into pure meaty bliss.
3. Carrots - if you want your body to absorb all the beta-carotene that carrots contain, it would be best to cook them instead of eating them raw.
4. Pistachios - crack your pistachios open by simply wedging a shell in between each unopened nut.
5. Cupcakes - resist the temptation of devouring the frosting first, to avoid being left with an unfrosted bottom. What you need to do is to remove the paper wrapper, cut off the top half of the cupcake and place the other half on top of the frosted part. Instant cupcake sandwich!
6. Pasta - Three things you have to remember when eating pasta:
a. Never cut your pasta! This is considered a taboo especially if you do it in Italy or in front of Italians!
b. Never twirl your pasta around a spoon.
c. Twirl your pasta around the tines of your fork.
7. Oranges - the proper way to peel an orange is to cut the orange from top to bottom.
8. Bananas - to peel bananas the right way, start from the bottom and when you are halfway through, squeeze the stem part lightly and the banana will ease out of the peel.
9. Bacon for Sandwiches - instead of just stacking them or piling each bacon slice on top the other, weave each bacon rash into a lattice pattern and cook according to your preference.
Copyright 2021 - Distributed by Catholic Online
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 25th, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Prayer of the Day for Saturday, June 25
The Apostles' Creed
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
St. William of Vercelli
A Guide for Confession
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 26, 2022
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 26, 2022
- Blessed Mother: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, June 26, 2022
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 25, 2022
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 25, 2022
- The Apostles' Creed: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, June 25, 2022
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.