Hermitess, also called Susanna. Born in Constantinople in 840 to aristocrats, she fled the city to avoid marriage to Agarenus whose marriage proposal was supported by Emperor Basil the Macedonian. Anne went to Leucadia, Epirus, about 896. She lived as a hermitess there until her death. Anne may be the "Maura" listed in the Roman Martyrology as suffering martyrdom in Constantinople.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Friday, Sept 30th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saints & Angels
Female / Women Saints
St. Michael the Archangel
Patron Saints A-Z
St. Therese of Lisieux
The Apostles' Creed
- Daily Readings for Saturday, October 01, 2022
- St. Therese of Lisieux: Saint of the Day for Saturday, October 01, 2022
- A Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux for Guidance: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, October 01, 2022
- Daily Readings for Friday, September 30, 2022
- St. Jerome: Saint of the Day for Friday, September 30, 2022
- Guardian Angel Prayer #2: Prayer of the Day for Friday, September 30, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.