Acacius was a Cappadocian by birth, also known as Agathus. He was a enturian in the imperial army, was arrested for his faith on charges by Tribune Firmus in Perinthus, Thrace, tortured and then brought to Byzantium (Constantinople), where he was scourged and beheaded. His feast day is May 8th.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Female / Women Saints
Mysteries of the Rosary
A Guide for Confession
Saints & Angels
Saint of the Day for Saturday, Dec 3rd, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Francis Xavier
Saints A to Z: C
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- St. John of Damascus: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- Thanks for Family and Friends: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 03, 2022
- St. Francis Xavier: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 03, 2022
- Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux for Guidance: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 03, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.