Martyred king of Mercia, England. Traditions states that he was the son of King Kenulf, who succeeded to the thrine at the age of seven. He was murdered by henchmen of his sister, Cynefrith. Another tradition states that his sister Quendreda bribed his tutopr to slay him. He is buried at Winchcombe Abbey, in Gloucestershire. Miracles took place there. Kenelm is now belived to have died before his father. He is mentioned in the Canterbury Tales.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Nicene Creed (Latin)
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint of the Day for Sunday, Dec 4th, 2022
The Apostles' Creed
Patron Saints A-Z
The Rosary in English
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Prayer of the Day for Sunday, Dec 4
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- St. John of Damascus: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- Thanks for Family and Friends: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 03, 2022
- St. Francis Xavier: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 03, 2022
- Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux for Guidance: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 03, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.