Benedictine bishop whose nephew, St. Pelagius, served as his hostage with the Moors. Born at Tuy, Spain, Hermogius founded Labrugia Monastery in Spanish Galicia, Spain, in 915. Taken prisoner by the Moors in Cordoba, he was released when St. Pelagius took his place. He retired to Ribas del Sil where he died.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
St. Brigid of Ireland
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Feb 1st, 2023
Female / Women Saints
Saints & Angels
Mysteries of the Rosary
Patron Saints A-Z
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, Feb 1
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 02, 2023
- St. Joan de Lestonnac: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 02, 2023
- Blessing of Grapes: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, February 02, 2023
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, February 01, 2023
- St. Brigid of Ireland: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, February 01, 2023
- Prayer for a Sick Person: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, February 01, 2023
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.