Hermit, also known as Epiklautos , "weeping much," owing to his habit of crying and weeping with such frequency. Born in Cilicia (modern Turkey), he took up the life of a hermit near Gabala (or Gala), modern Syria, and lived near a pagan temple which attracted pagan pilgrims. He converted many of them to Christianity through his zeal. It is reported that he spent many years living in a barrel. Thalelacus was a hermit for sixty years.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, Dec 6th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saints & Angels
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Female / Women Saints
Daily Scripture Readings for Advent
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- St. Maria Giuseppe Rossello: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Prayer for Refugees and Victims of War: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, December 07, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
- St. Nicholas: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
- Everything has its Time: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, December 06, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.