Archbishop of Canterbury from 692 until his death. Also called Berhtwald, Berthwald, Beretuald, or Brihtwald, he was of Anglo-Saxon lineage, educated at Canterbury, in England. Entering the Benedictines, Brithwald served as the abbot of Kent until 692, when he succeeded Theodore as archbishop of Canterbury. He served Canterbury for decades in a difficult era.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 5th, 2022
St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria
Mysteries of the Rosary
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 5
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
St. Maria Goretti
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- A Prayer for those who are preparing Children for their First Holy Communion: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- Daily Readings for Monday, July 04, 2022
- St. Elizabeth of Portugal: Saint of the Day for Monday, July 04, 2022
- Consecration of America: Prayer of the Day for Monday, July 04, 2022
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.