Benedictine abbess. Born near Soissons, France, she became a Benedictine at Jouarre Monastery, near Meaux. Bertilla became the first abbess of Chelles when St. Bathildis, the wife of King Clovis II, refounded the convent-abbey. Bertilla welcomed St. Bathildis when she entered Chelles in 665. She also welcomed the widow of the king of the East Angles. Serving as abbess for forty-six years, Bertilla was known for her strict rule and austerities.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saints & Angels
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Oct 5th, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Faustina Kowalska
Female / Women Saints
Patron Saints A-Z
Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, Oct 5
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 06, 2022
- St. Bruno: Saint of the Day for Thursday, October 06, 2022
- Prayer for Expectant Mothers #2 : Prayer of the Day for Thursday, October 06, 2022
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 05, 2022
- St. Faustina Kowalska: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 05, 2022
- Canticle of Brother Sun and Sister Moon of St. Francis of Assisi: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, October 05, 2022
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.