Help Now >
Monk, author, and foe of the Adoptionist heresy. A member of St. Martin's Monastery, in Liebana, near Santander, Spain, Beatus opposed the Adoptionist theories of Archbishop Elipandus of Toledo. He worked with Etherius, the bishop of Osma, in converting Elipandus' followers. Both wrote the Liber Adversus Elipandum, a defense against the archbishop's censure. When the Adoptionist heresy was condemned, Beatus retired to the monastery of Valcavado, where he wrote commentaries and hymns.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saints & Angels
St. Francis of Assisi
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Wednesday, Oct 4th, 2023
Saint Feast Days in Oct
Female / Women Saints
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Patron Saints A-Z
Saints A to Z: A
- Daily Readings for Thursday, October 05, 2023
- St. Faustina Kowalska: Saint of the Day for Thursday, October 05, 2023
- Canticle of Brother Sun and Sister Moon of St. Francis of Assisi: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, October 05, 2023
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 04, 2023
- St. Francis of Assisi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 04, 2023
- St. Francis of Assisi's Vocation Prayer: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, October 04, 2023
Help Now >
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2023 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.