Martyr of Phoenicia, now Lebanon. He was born in Lycia, circa 286, and studied at Berytus, modern Beirut. From there he went to Caesarea, with Eusebius. When an imperial order demanded public sacrifice to the gods of Rome, Appian protested to the local governor. He was arrested and thrown into the sea with weights on his feet. Tradition states that an earthquake followed his execution, bringing the body back on shore. In some lists he is called Apphian.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
St. Maria Goretti
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 5th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
The Apostles' Creed
St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- St. Maria Goretti: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Prayer to the Holy Trinity: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- A Prayer for those who are preparing Children for their First Holy Communion: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.