Bl. Alphonsus de Vaena
Martyr and Jesuit. He was born in Toledo, Spain, and entered the Jesuit Order. In 1570 he joined the band of Jesuits led by Ignatius de Azevedo assigned to the West Indies. On board the ship, the Jesuits were put to death by the captain of the vessel, who was a Huguenot.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Help Now >
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Thursday, Dec 1st, 2022
Prayer of the Day for Thursday, Dec 1
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saints & Angels
Saint Feast Days in Dec
Luke - Chapter 1
Daily Scripture Readings for Advent
- Daily Readings for Thursday, December 01, 2022
- St. Eligius: Saint of the Day for Thursday, December 01, 2022
- Advent Wreath Prayer: Prayer of the Day for Thursday, December 01, 2022
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- St. Andrew the Apostle: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Prayer for Faithful Departed: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, November 30, 2022
FREE Catholic Classes Pick a class, you can learn anything
Help Now >
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.