Garrett's Angels - Angel Stories
By: Donna Benedict
Location: Scammon KS USA
We were to have this wonderful blessing in our lives.
We had a baby that was due June 12. We knew he was to be a boy of course with all the technology of today, how could we not know.
The technology of today did falter one slight bit, only because during the routine sonogram, his heart was not totally visible but yes of course there was the four chambers of the heart. And in the womb was functioning properly.
In April, "my water broke". I was taken by ambulance to the nearest hospital that had a NICU. Knowing we were going to have a child that was to be terribly early. About 11 weeks.
He was going to need special care.
By God's grace I was able to carry him until the 31st week. Only 9 weeks early. He weighed 4 lbs. 8 oz. a wonderful size for a preemie. He was doing wonderful, breating on his own.
I was able to hold him one time.
Disaster hit. 24 hours after he was born, that little heart had a problem. It is officially called hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. Which is a fancy word for saying that the entire left side of his heart did not develop. Yes, there were four chambers, but the left side was so small that it did not function at all.
He was rushed to a more intensive NICU that where he was born.
I would have left even if they had not properly dismissed me.
I called our parish priest, he did of course make the 2 1/2 hr journey at the sound of our voice. We prayed, he was baptized, we prayed more.
The next day the doctor basically told us that there was no hope. He had no body functions whatsoever.
Again, at the drop of the hat, I called our priest and he came.
As we turned off the life support, the nurse pulled the curtain around us and and at that moment I felt the wings of angels encircling us. It was as if they were there helping us through the most difficult time of our lives.
Then, Father said the most wonderful thing. He said, "Wow, I am witnessing the most wonderful thing on this earth." At first I didn't know what he was meaning, then he continued, "Can you imagine going from the safest place in this world, Your Mother's arms, to the safest place there is? God's arms???"
At that moment I understood. I know that Garrett's angels were there to comfort me and my family.,br>
Even though we only had him 3 days, I know he is now that saint in heaven that will be there waiting for me to come to him again, and be in the arms of God with him.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 251 - 300 of 328
- The Ring of the Telephone, by Ellen Nipper
- Needed Help, by Ralph M
- Guardian Angel, by Maria
- When we think no one else , by Nancy Sonier
- no title, by Rene Schneider
- Long lost uncle, by Nicolette Karczewski
- God's Answer, by Ashley Nicole
- Saved by my Guardian Angel, by Diana
- My brother, by guadalupe guzman
- My Guardian Angels, by Angela Corcoran
- Protection from an Assailant, by Jill Winther
- our angels, by Kellie purser
- My babyboy Angel, by Yessenia Rivera
- An Angel Awakened Me, by Vonnie Deak
- Storm, by Chole
- The Feather Duster, by Lee Zelhart
- no title, by Anna G
- Gina, by Margaret Quigley
- My short moment of Peace, by Tiffany Lequerique
- Dabar the angel of the Lord, by Anne Smith
- An Answer to Cheer Me, by Christine Chiomento
- Wings of love, by Mike Fisher
- Life Saving Encounter, by Patricia White
- Great Grandfather, by Michael Casey
- I'll Always Love You, I'll Never Leave You, by Elva Herrera
- We Were Both Ready, by Sophie
- Supportive Hug, by Debbie Schmidtke
- slow down, by virgen valentin
- marine angel, by Luis Trevino
- MY MOM, by MARIBEL GONZALEZ
- Angel encounter, by Stephanie Fulton
- My salvation, by Michael yacques
- Army of Angels, by Roselia Nevarez
- A Healing Hand, by Dave Ludwick
- Watching over me, by Dick Baker
- Messages from Angels, by Marie Sanchez
- no title, by Maria
- Garrett's Angels, by Donna Benedict
- BELIEVE, by JESSICA CUEVAS
- The Voice, by Camilla O'Brien
- My husbands angel, by annabelle reiger
- Saved by an Angel, by John Wagner
- My Guardian Angel, by Brooke Yessa
- Three times a miracle, by Yamilet Mantecon
- A Tweed Coat, by Olivia Solomon
- His Angel or Mine, by sandra Reyna
- Two Angels, by kenneth briganti
- Last chance, by Kyle Gilmore
- Saving angel, by Helena del Pino
- Mom's Passing Gift, by Vicky Zuwala
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Anselm Archbishop of Canterbury and Confessor APRIL 21,A.D. 1109 IF the Norman conquerors stripped the English nation of its liberty, and many temporal advantages, it must be owned that by their ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Catherine of Alexandria is a canonized saint in the Catholic Church who, per Christian tradition, was martyred around 305 in Alexandria, Egypt. Of course, the Church of the first Millennium was undivided. She is also recognized as the Great Martyr and Saint by ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
The Apostle of Andalusia and the spiritual advisor of St. Teresa, St. Francis Borgia, St. John of the Cross, St. Peter of Alcantara, and others. He was born on January 6, 1499, at Almodovar del Campo, Spain. After studying law at the University of Salamanca, he left ... continue reading
St. John was born at Capistrano, Italy in 1385, the son of a former German knight in that city. He studied law at the University of Perugia and practiced as a lawyer in the courts of Naples. King Ladislas of Naples appointed him governor of Perugia. During a war with a ... continue reading
By David Ramos and Elise Harris (CNA)
In his role as Vicar General, Monsignor Ricardo Urioste was one of the closest collaborators of Oscar Romero, the archbishop of San Salvador who was martyred for the faith in 1980 and beatified in 2015. San Salvador, El Salvador (CNA/EWTN News) - And this monsignor has ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Five things Catholics can do to promote international religious freedom
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Has California just voted to ban the BIBLE? HD Video
- California bill that could BAN THE BIBLE advances
- St. Abdiesus: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 23rd, 2018 HD Video
- Death threats for opposing gay marriage? Florist appeals to Supreme Court
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- st nicholas
- all saints day
- list of saints
- st anne
- st christopher
- St. Joseph
- juan diego
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 HD
- Global Warming threatening Europe with colder weather HD
- The Memorare HD
- God Alone Suffices HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education