Ten Ways to Be Pro-Life Throughout 2019
FREE Catholic Classes
By Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director, Priests for Life
1/2/2019 (2 months ago)
Catholic Online (https://www.catholic.org)
It's a New Year, and hopefully, we're all making resolutions to make our service of God's Kingdom even more effective.
Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director, Priests for Life - The top priority in our day, both for Church and State, needs to be to end the holocaust of abortion.
So many of you are already involved in the pro-life movement, but for those who may not be, and as a refresher for the rest of us, I have a list of ten suggestions for things we can do in 2019 to advance the protection of the unborn. I hope you will adopt at least some of them.
1. Say a prayer each day to end abortion.
Prayer is the foundation of all that we do in the Christian life, and in working to end abortion. At www.PrayerCampaign.org, you will find a daily prayer to end abortion, as well as special novenas for particular times of the year, connecting the themes of those seasons with the defense of the children in the womb.
2. Read a good book on abortion this year.
There are many such books. Read at least one good one from cover to cover. Abolishing Abortion is one suggestion.
3. Memorize the phone number, 800-712-HELP and the web address www.PregnancyCenters.org so you can help those who need alternatives to abortion.
This number and website connects people with the â€˝Option Line", a network of over 2200 pregnancy centers across the nation. The caller or visitor will be connected to the center nearest to them, so that they can receive professional, practical, compassionate help to overcome the obstacles they are facing in bring their baby to birth.
4. Read and spread the testimonies of those who have had abortions.
Among the most powerful and persuasive voices in the abortion debate are the growing voices of those who have had abortions and family members who have lost a relative to abortion. At www.AbortionTestimonies.com, you can read and watch these testimonies, organized by the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, and spread them everywhere!
5. Get to know the state and federal lawmakers who represent you, and communicate with them about abortion.
Each year, our representatives in government are faced with questions about abortion, or need to either support or oppose legislation in regard to it. Get to know who is making laws on your behalf and where they stand on abortion. Make sure they know you. Write to them, call them, and visit their offices, especially when bills regarding abortion are under consideration.
6. Get to know the pregnancy center nearest to where you live.There is likely to be a pregnancy center close to where you live. Visit them, let them know who you are, and get to know the services they provide so that you can talk to others in your family, church, and community about the help that's available.
7. Participate in some form of public witness against abortion this year.
Our convictions on abortion cannot remain private. By participating in a march, Life Chain, or prayer vigil or protest at an abortion mill, you will be advocating for the unborn in a public way, and showing others the strength of the movement. You and the other participants will realize you are not alone and will be strengthened in your commitment!
8. Inform your pastor and other leaders in your Church about how they can help end abortion.
Do not presume your pastor knows all he needs to know about fighting abortion. By communicating with him, and with others in Church ministry " such as deacons, youth ministers, directors of religious education, the webmaster for your Church website or the editor of your Church bulletin -- you'll be able to influence thousands of others on this issue. See www.Prolife.Church for resources on praying, preaching, and mobilizing the Church community.
9. Connect with a pro-life group of your choice.There are many pro-life organizations. Find one that corresponds to what you think is most important and connect with them -- bookmark their website, sign up for their emails, and connect with them on social media. (www.EndAbortion.US is a great place to start!)
10. Donate regularly to a pro-life group.
Unlike Planned Parenthood, pro-life groups don't receive vast amounts of government funds. Unfortunately, more money is spent in our country killing babies in the womb than in saving them. Let's all help change that, and include the pro-life movement in our charitable giving.With one or more of these activities on our New Year's Resolutions list, we will be engaging in a form of love that the Lord recommended, namely, in helping those who cannot repay us!
(See Luke 14:13-14). Happy New Year to all!
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2019
Young People and the Example of Mary. That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
Catholic culture is everywhere in New Orleans. Mardi Gras is the city's defining celebration. The city's cathedral is one of its most ... continue reading
A judge blocked a Kentucky law that would prohibit abortion after the detection of a fetal heartbeat, in the latest setback in ... continue reading
Among the most popular saints today, Saint Patrick was a bishop and missionary to Ireland. However, he also spent several years as a slave, ... continue reading
The president of the U.S. bishops' conference was hospitalized March 15 after suffering a mild stroke, according to a statement from the ... continue reading
Facebook has announced that it will begin using AI software to prevent and restrict the distribution of non-consensual sexual material '" ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 15
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Kazakhstan bishops issue statement supporting Archbishop Chullikatt
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 21st, 2019 HD Video
- Cardinal Barbarin remains archbishop, takes leave-of-absence
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 HD Video
- Bl. John of Parma: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, March 18th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 18th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.