Stations of the Cross - Palm Sunday - Holy Week - Good Friday
6 FUN FACTS about St. Patrick and St. Patrick's Day that may surprise you!
FREE Catholic Classes
St. Patrick's Day is nearly here, the time has come to join and celebrate the Catholic saint.
Catholic Online (https://www.catholic.org)
3/17/2023 (2 weeks ago)
Published in Living Faith
Keywords: St Patrick, St Patrick's Day, Holy Trinity, Shamrock, Green
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - You may incessantly stand by the notion that all must wear green on March 17, or you might obsessively search for a "leprechaun" or "pot of gold" during the day. However, one thing we are sure of here at Catholic Online, the patron saint of Ireland will be honored.
Here are six fun facts you may not have known about the saint and St. Patrick's day:
1. St. Patrick was not born in Ireland, but rather he was born in Roman Britain in 387 AD.
2. St. Patrick was captured by Irish pirates as a young teen and enslaved by pagans and Druids, leading him to turn to God in captivity.
3. Saint Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity, and entire kingdoms were converted to Christianity after hearing his message.
St. Patrick used the shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity.
4. The largest St. Patrick's Day parade is in Britain, running more than two miles in Birmingham.
5. The first-ever St. Patrick's Day parade was in Boston on March 18, 1737.
Present day St. Patrick's Day parade in Boston.
6. The week of St Patrick's Day is also "Irish Language Week."
'Help Give every Student and Teacher FREE resources for a world-class Moral Catholic Education'
Copyright 2021 - Distributed by Catholic Online
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Stations of the Cross
First Station: Jesus is condemned to death
Third Station: Jesus falls the first time
Second Station: Jesus carries His cross
Sixth Station: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
Fourth Station: Jesus meets His Mother
Eighth Station: Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
Fifth Station: Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his cross
Seventh Station: Jesus falls the second time
Fourteenth Station: Jesus is laid in the tomb
Have your Prayer Intentions read live on Good Friday's Stations of the Cross
Palm Sunday: We have been saved by his cross
Where do the palms for Palm Sunday come from?
PRAY FOR POPE FRANCIS - Hospitalized with 'Pulmonary Infection'
The German Bishops Error and the True Understanding of the Development of Doctrine
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 01, 2023
- St. Hugh of Grenoble: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 01, 2023
- Guardian Angel Prayer #1: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, April 01, 2023
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 31, 2023
- St. Benjamin: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 31, 2023
- Prayer for the Home: Prayer of the Day for Friday, March 31, 2023
We ask you, humbly: don't scroll away.Hi readers, it seems you use Catholic Online a lot; that's great! It's a little awkward to ask, but we need your help. If you have already donated, we sincerely thank you. We're not salespeople, but we depend on donations averaging $14.76 and fewer than 1% of readers give. If you donate just $5.00, the price of your coffee, Catholic Online School could keep thriving. Thank you.
Help Now >
Saints & Angels
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.