All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day: A Celebration
FREE Catholic Classes
All Saints' Day is a holy day of obligation celebrated every Nov. 1. It is dedicated to the recognized saints of the Church and all those who have made it into heaven. Anyone who makes it into heaven is a saint, even if the Church does not yet recognize their sanctification.
All Saints' Day is Nov. 1 and All Souls' Day.
All Souls' Day is celebrated on Nov. 2 each year. All Soul's Day is dedicated to all those who are departed from this world and who wait in faith of the promised Resurrection.
All Saints' Day is celebrated by attending Mass and honoring the saints by visiting their holy shrines and offering prayers seeking their intercession. We honor the saints best by emulating their lives, by striving to become examples of holy, meritorious people, just as they were.
All Souls' Day is often celebrated by attending Mass, although it is not a holy day of obligation. Many people visit cemeteries or shrines dedicated to their loved ones and ancestors. On this day, we particularly ask for the repose of their souls and the intercession of the saints to usher them into heaven in accord with the promises of Christ. In other words, we pray for our loved ones to enter heaven.
On these days we must recognize the truth that we too will someday join our ancestors. Those who come after us will pray for us. And we too will be raised from the dead in fulfillment of the promises of Christ. We anticipate with hope the day we will be saints ourselves in perfect communion with God.
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2019
Young People and the Example of Mary. That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
by Catholic Online
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
- Hoya no more: Georgetown rescinds McCarrick's honorary degree
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Vatican spokesman shifts focus to summit follow-up before abuse ...
- There are alternatives to abortion, says Archdiocese of New York
- St. Severian: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 22nd, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 21st, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education