All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day: A Celebration
FREE Catholic Classes
All Saints' Day is a holy day of obligation celebrated every Nov. 1. It is dedicated to the recognized saints of the Church and all those who have made it into heaven. Anyone who makes it into heaven is a saint, even if the Church does not yet recognize their sanctification.
All Saints' Day is Nov. 1 and All Souls' Day.
All Souls' Day is celebrated on Nov. 2 each year. All Soul's Day is dedicated to all those who are departed from this world and who wait in faith of the promised Resurrection.
All Saints' Day is celebrated by attending Mass and honoring the saints by visiting their holy shrines and offering prayers seeking their intercession. We honor the saints best by emulating their lives, by striving to become examples of holy, meritorious people, just as they were.
All Souls' Day is often celebrated by attending Mass, although it is not a holy day of obligation. Many people visit cemeteries or shrines dedicated to their loved ones and ancestors. On this day, we particularly ask for the repose of their souls and the intercession of the saints to usher them into heaven in accord with the promises of Christ. In other words, we pray for our loved ones to enter heaven.
On these days we must recognize the truth that we too will someday join our ancestors. Those who come after us will pray for us. And we too will be raised from the dead in fulfillment of the promises of Christ. We anticipate with hope the day we will be saints ourselves in perfect communion with God.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for July 2018
Priests and their Pastoral Ministry. That priests, who experience fatigue and loneliness in their pastoral work, may find help and comfort in their intimacy with the Lord and in their friendship with their brother priests.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Michigan lawmakers approve ban on telemedicine abortion pill ...
- Advent is a perfect time to re-dedicate ourselves to the Gospel of Life
- St. John of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Friday, December 14, 2018
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, December 13th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, December 14, 2018
- Taking the Kingdom by Force: Learning from John the Baptizer
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 15th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 HD
- A Personal Advent Thank You and Request from Deacon Keith HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 14th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education