Do You Want To Boost Your Immune System?
Hello everyone, my blog today was going to be about the benefits of starting your day with a cup of coffee, as many millions of us do. So I sat down at my computer to find the latest studies glorifying coffee and its accolades.
Tea is the second-most consumed drink in the world, surpassed only by water.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - I thought, as a coffee drinker, I would start with a cup-by-cup comparison of coffee vs tea. A good old boxing match to show how much healthier it was to drink coffee over tea. I took a long and glorious sip of my extra bold and went to Google.
The first website that I went to was obviously written by tea drinkers, as it wove the story of the thousands of years of tea drinking and ancient herbal medicinal benefits and tea's current lofty status as a key to good health, happiness and wisdom..Bah.
The next website I went to gave me statistics, numbers and graphs, in-fact all of the significant advantages tea has over coffee..Bah.
Website number three hit home. It was my favorite "go to" site for information that was current, accurate, unbiased and honest, I started to read. Tea is a good thing to drink it said. I was surprised to be confronted with data that convinced me. Tea was undeniably healthier than coffee and it has enough statistical documentation of its benefits to sway me, a die-hard coffee drinker. "I need to switch my morning routine." I thought! Then I thought with a blinding eureka moment, "Wendy, you don't need to switch, you only need to add tea to your daily routine." Hmmmm, OK, I need to add more liquid to my already "I don't drink enough water" routine. Oh boy, can I do this?
So, I have compiled some of the stunning information that indicates tea is not only good for our bodies, it is great for our bodies. With the flu season upon us, read on, then with steely resolve, pull out the tea pot and start brewing.
1. Tea, black, green or white, with or without caffeine, is very good for us. A recent Harvard study indicated that blood cells from tea drinkers responded five times faster to germs than did the blood cells of coffee drinkers. Their immune system's worked better!
Dr. Jack F. Bukowski, a researcher at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston and Harvard Medical School stated; "We worked out the molecular aspects of this tea component in the test tube and then tested it on a small number of people to see if it actually worked in human beings,"
The results, he said, gave clear proof that five cups of tea a day sharpened the body's disease defenses.
2. Tea studies have indicated that it helps heart disease and cancer risk through the action of flavonoids, a type of antioxidant. Other studies have linked tea with combating osteoporosis, and to relieving some allergy symptoms.
3. All tea, black, green and white, also contains L-theanine, which boosts the immune system. L-theanine is metabolized in the liver to ethylamine. Ethylamiine primes the response of your immune system producing the gamma-delta T cells. The T cells prompt the secretion of interferon, a key part of the body's chemical defense against infection.
4. All tea has caffeine and theanine, which affect the brain and seems to heighten mental alertness. Tea also has less caffeine than coffee, which means people like me, who cannot drink coffee late in the day, may be able to drink tea and still be able to go to sleep. (I will report back on this in a later blog)
"There doesn't seem to be a downside to tea," says American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Katherine Tallmadge, MA, RD, LD. "I think it's a great alternative to coffee drinking. First, tea has less caffeine. It's pretty well established that the compounds in tea - their flavonoids - are good for the heart and may reduce cancer."
So, do you really need to drink 5 cups a day for a month to get the benefits of tea? Nutritionists don't think so. In fact it has been written in several journals, that any tea is good. It is preferable to brew tea instead of buying bottled sweet tea, but that is mainly to avoid the sweeteners and extra calories in sweet tea.
There are so many studies that indicate tea has antimicrobial properties, helps with heart disease, diabetes, cancer, it lowers cholesterol and increases mental alertness, and weight loss. This is wonderful news for millions of tea drinkers, and for those of us that are die-hard coffee drinkers, instead of a second cup, a second thought to tea, might be a good idea this flu season.
My tip of the day: Look after yourself the best you know how, love yourself and know that God loves you.
Until next time, I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for AUGUST 2017
Artists. That artists of our time, through their ingenuity, may help everyone discover the beauty of creation.
If you are living and breathing, you will eventually meet your wall. An unwelcome obstacle that stops you in your tracks. It could be a ... continue reading
It is important to find a way to give God thanks for all His blessings upon your life, and your children and loved ones. Manifest your ... continue reading
Some Catholic theologians, clergy and writers teach that we should have a reasonable hope all men and women will be saved. We should reject ... continue reading
Your Love Defends Me Watch
Matt Maher's recent song "Your Love Defends Me" expresses his faith in God's love for us. In this song, Matt and his band adeptly blend ... continue reading
Watch out! The sheep are stirring - looking for their silent Shepherds to speak.Every day human lives are violently destroyed within the ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 HD