Hosea - Chapter 7
1 Whenever I would heal Israel, I am confronted by the guilt of Ephraim and the evil-doings of Samaria; for deceit is their principle of behaviour; the thief breaks into the house, marauders raid in the open;
4 They are all adulterers, hot as an oven which the baker need not stoke from the time he has kneaded the dough until it rises.
7 yes, all of them as hot as ovens, they consume their rulers. All their kings have fallen thus, not one of them has ever called on me.
9 Foreigners have eaten his strength away but he is unconscious of it; even his hair is turning grey but he is unconscious of it.
15 Though I supported and gave strength to their arms, they plan how to hurt me.
Reading 1, Exodus 32:7-14: 7 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go down at once, for your people ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:19-20, 21-22, 23: 19 At Horeb they made a calf, bowed low ... Gospel, John 5:31-47: 31 Were I to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Was Jesus' portrait minted on ancient coins?
- Christian student suspended for arguing with Muslim teacher - ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.