Hosea - Chapter 10
3 Then they will say, 'We have no king because we have not feared Yahweh, but what could the king do for us?'
10 I am coming to punish them; nations will muster against them to punish them for their two crimes.
13 You have ploughed wickedness, you have reaped iniquity, you have eaten the fruit of falsehood. Because you have trusted in your chariots, in your great numbers of warriors,
14 turmoil is going to break out among your people, and all your fortresses will be laid waste. As Shalman laid Beth-Arbel waste on the day of battle, dashing mothers to pieces on their children,
15 so it shall be done to you, Bethel, because of your great wickedness; at dawn, the king of Israel will be no more.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:8-15: 8 Thus says Yahweh: At the time of my favour I have answered ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18: 8 Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to ... Gospel, John 5:17-30: 17 His answer to them was, 'My Father still goes on working, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Hope for the injured? Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using ...
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.