Bl. Frederick Jansoone
Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Frédéric Jansoone (November 9, 1838 - August 4, 1916) was born in Ghyvelde, in northern France, near the Belgian border, in a very religious home.
At the age of 10, he lost his father.
In 1852 he began his Humanities (high school) at the College of Hazebrouck while his brother Pierre began his philosophy at the Major Seminary of Cambrai.
In 1856, he became a traveling salesman which interrupted his studies t
In 1864, he joined the Franciscans and was ordained a priest on August 17, 1870. He then practiced within various departments: military chaplain (a few months), sub-master of novices at Branday, over Bordeaux, house he founded with tw
Soon after, he moved t
In 1881-1882, Frédéric Janssoone made ??a visit t
On June 13, 1888, he settled in Quebec in the parish of Notre-Dame du Cap in Trois-Rivičres, where he served until the arrival of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate in 1902, and stayed until his death from cancer on August 4, 1916. His actions are numerous:
- Repairs t
- the shrine of the Pointe-aux-Trembles in Montreal
- in the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary in Quebec and across the province
- Articles for the Journal of the Rosary and the Journal of the Eucharist, Mary and Anthony he had founded in 1892 and many popular magazines of piety.
- Books-building as the life of Our Lord and the Life of St. Francis.
- Management, management and financing of the Commissariat of the Holy Land.
- Support and direct involvement in the development of pilgrimages t
- the shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap.
St. Gabriel, the Archangel
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Catholic Online School For free. For everyone. Forever.
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.