Era of the Martyrs
Also called the Diocletianic Era, the unusual practice of reckoning time from the start of the reign of the bitterly anti-Christian emperor Diocletian. This is in recognition of the severe persecution of the Church under Diocletian and his colleagues in rule, Maximian and Galerius, although the formal universal oppression did not commence until 303, the so-called Great Oppression. The custom is followed mainly by Coptic and Abyssinian Christians.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 5th, 2022
St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. Maria Goretti
St. Elizabeth of Portugal
Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 5
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Saint Feast Days in July
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- St. Maria Goretti: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Prayer to the Holy Trinity: Prayer of the Day for Wednesday, July 06, 2022
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- St. Anthony Mary Zaccaria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
- A Prayer for those who are preparing Children for their First Holy Communion: Prayer of the Day for Tuesday, July 05, 2022
Help Now >
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.