Help Now >
Bishop of Laodicea (modern Turkey) who was involved in the Arian controversy of the era. A friend of the historian Eusebius of Caesarea (who was an Arian), he was much praised by the writer. A participant in the deliberations of the Council of Nicaea (325), he was a supporter of the Semi-Arian position but nevertheless gave his signature to the orthodox decrees of the council.
Find SaintsPopular Saints
Saints by Alphabet
Saint of the Day
Saint Feast Days by Month
Patron Saints by Alphabet
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Saint of the Day for Sunday, Dec 4th, 2022
Mysteries of the Rosary
Prayer of the Day for Sunday, Dec 4
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. John of Damascus
The Apostles' Creed
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- St. John of Damascus: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- Thanks for Family and Friends: Prayer of the Day for Sunday, December 04, 2022
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 03, 2022
- St. Francis Xavier: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 03, 2022
- Prayer to Saint Therese De Lisieux for Guidance: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, December 03, 2022
Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2022 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.