Who Are The Youngest Catholic Saints?
FREE Catholic Classes
It was recently announced that a teenager is among the seven new saints Pope Francis will canonize in October. Blessed Nunzio Sulprizio lived his life in tremendous pain, yet patiently gave all his trials to the Lord. He died at the age of 19.
Sts. Francisco and Jacinta Marto are two of the youngest Catholic Saints.
This news has led many to wonder, who are the youngest Catholic Saints? Due to the records available from the earliest centuries, it is difficult to determine. There are myths and legends about very young saints, but their actual age is unknown. Below you'll find a list of six saints who are believed to be some of the youngest known Catholic saints.
6 Of The Youngest Catholic Saints
1. St. Jacinta Marto died at the age of 10 due to influenza just three years after seeing visions of an angel and Our Lady while tending sheep in Fatima, Portugal.
2. St. Francisco Marto, sibling of St. Jacinta, was also one of the three children blessed with a vision of Our Lady of Fatima. St. Francisco died at the age of 11 due to influenza.
3. St. Maria Goretti was just 11 years old when she died as a result of stab wounds from an attacker. She adamantly refused his advances to maintain her purity.
4. St. Tarcisius is known as a "martyr of the Eucharist" because at the age of 12 he was beaten by a gang of boys when he refused to hand over the Holy Eucharist that he was transporting.
5. St. Kizito was the youngest of the Martyrs of Uganda and was burned alive for his faith at the age of 14.
6. St. Jose Luis Sanchez del Rio was another young martyr for the faith. He died at the age of 14 saying, "I will never give in. Vivo Cristo Rey y Santa Maria de Guadalupe!"
These young men and women remind us that we are never too young to put our trust in the Lord and live completely for Him. Let these young saints inspire you and your family to live a life of holiness.
How will you teach your child the truths of the Catholic faith?
The Little Saint Adventures App is here to help. By playing games and doing activities in Little Saint Adventures App, children ages 3-8 will learn Bible stories, teachings from the Catechism, and lessons from the lives of the saints. This fun, interactive app even comes with a Parent Portal that is packed full of hands-on activity suggestions, discussion starters, and updates on what your child is learning in the app.
It's FREE to download on Apple and Android devices. Help your child become a saint today!
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2019
Young People and the Example of Mary. That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
Vincent was a man like us who encountered the same Risen Lord Jesus whom we have encountered. He struggled with the choices which always ... continue reading
El rector del Santuario de Lourdes (Francia), P. Andre Cabes, acaba de inaugurar el "Ano Bernardita" o ano jubilar de Santa Bernardette ... continue reading
Joseph was a humble man. There was not an ounce of false bravado or machismo in this servant of God. Named after the great Patriarch who ... continue reading
San Alfredo fue rey de Wessex, uno de los siete reinos principales que precedieron al reino de Inglaterra. Se hizo celebre por defender su ... continue reading
Las Santas Tais y Pelagia fueron dos mujeres pecadoras que se arrepintieron, encontraron la misericordia de Dios y se volvieron penitentes. ... continue reading