Usage more than TRIPLED! We ask you, Humbly, to help.
Give $10 monthly Give $50 today
Who Are The Youngest Catholic Saints?
It was recently announced that a teenager is among the seven new saints Pope Francis will canonize in October. Blessed Nunzio Sulprizio lived his life in tremendous pain, yet patiently gave all his trials to the Lord. He died at the age of 19.
'Live Lessons' with Zoom on Catholic Online SchoolProfessor Connolly: Monday-Friday @ 9am/12pm Eastern
Deacon Frederick Bartels: Tuesday-Friday @ 10am/1pm Eastern
LIVE Lessons This Month's Curriculum
Sts. Francisco and Jacinta Marto are two of the youngest Catholic Saints.
This news has led many to wonder, who are the youngest Catholic Saints? Due to the records available from the earliest centuries, it is difficult to determine. There are myths and legends about very young saints, but their actual age is unknown. Below you'll find a list of six saints who are believed to be some of the youngest known Catholic saints.
6 Of The Youngest Catholic Saints
1. St. Jacinta Marto died at the age of 10 due to influenza just three years after seeing visions of an angel and Our Lady while tending sheep in Fatima, Portugal.
2. St. Francisco Marto, sibling of St. Jacinta, was also one of the three children blessed with a vision of Our Lady of Fatima. St. Francisco died at the age of 11 due to influenza.
3. St. Maria Goretti was just 11 years old when she died as a result of stab wounds from an attacker. She adamantly refused his advances to maintain her purity.
4. St. Tarcisius is known as a "martyr of the Eucharist" because at the age of 12 he was beaten by a gang of boys when he refused to hand over the Holy Eucharist that he was transporting.
5. St. Kizito was the youngest of the Martyrs of Uganda and was burned alive for his faith at the age of 14.
6. St. Jose Luis Sanchez del Rio was another young martyr for the faith. He died at the age of 14 saying, "I will never give in. Vivo Cristo Rey y Santa Maria de Guadalupe!"
These young men and women remind us that we are never too young to put our trust in the Lord and live completely for Him. Let these young saints inspire you and your family to live a life of holiness.
How will you teach your child the truths of the Catholic faith?
The Little Saint Adventures App is here to help. By playing games and doing activities in Little Saint Adventures App, children ages 3-8 will learn Bible stories, teachings from the Catechism, and lessons from the lives of the saints. This fun, interactive app even comes with a Parent Portal that is packed full of hands-on activity suggestions, discussion starters, and updates on what your child is learning in the app.
It's FREE to download on Apple and Android devices. Help your child become a saint today!
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Help Now >
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Apostles' Creed
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Hail, Holy Queen
- A Guide for Confession
Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.