Obama loses cool at heckler
By Catholic Online
5/9/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Things didn't go exactly as planned for President Obama when he made a speech at the Democratic National Committee in San Jose, California on May 8.
President Obama was heckled during a May 8 speech in San Jose, California.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - In his address to wealthy Silicon Valley executives he spoke about how they needed to dig into their wallets to help raise funds to help democratic candidates win in the mid-term election.
Near the end of the speech President Obama was heckled by a man, who asked about freedoms and voting, though nearly unintelligibly.
As much as the president tried to get back on track, the heckler wouldn't stop, eventually Obama told the heckler that "I love you back. You kind of screwed up my ending but that's ok," which earned a laugh from the assembled supporters.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for OCTOBER 2017
Workers and the Unemployed. That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.
Catholic ethics and church law must be at the center of a merger of two major Catholic health care systems that, if approved, will create ... continue reading
While fires in southern California continue to threaten thousands of homes, Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles reflected that God can be ... continue reading
Roy Moore is Alabama's former top judge and is running as a staunch, Christian conservative for the Senate. His election is important ... continue reading
This week, TIME Magazine announced a group of women and men as their collective Person of the Year. Denver, Colo. (CNA/EWTN News) - What do ... continue reading
Police have arrested a would-be suicide bomber after a bomb he built detonated prematurely. The bomber was taken to the hospital and is ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- St. Ado of Vienne: Saint of the Day for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- Daily Readings for Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way