Veteran reunited with bomb-sniffing dog
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
5/2/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (https://www.catholic.org)
A heartwarming video is sweeping the web, one in which an Army veteran is reunited with a bomb-sniffing dog that he served with in Iraq for nearly five years at O'Hare airport.
Cila and Sgt. Jason Bos served together in Iraq for five years.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Sgt. Jason Bos was forced to leave the army in 2012 due to a back injury, and had to end his career with Military Working Dog Cila M389, whom he called Cici. The two spent their time together sniffing out IED's and hidden weapon caches, and screened sites for presidential visits.
Bos didn't know if he'd ever see Cila again, who at age five still had to serve time as a military dog. Eventually he was contacted and the kennel master at his former base contacted him about adopting her.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2018
Say 'No' to Corruption. That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
We need to learn from this great missionary. He saw what was good in the culture and baptized what could be redeemed. He respected the ... continue reading
Gina Haspel, President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the CIA, oversaw a secret prison in Thailand where US intelligence targets were ... continue reading
Yesterday thousands of students, mostly in high schools across the United States, walked out of their classes. They were joined in ... continue reading
Archbishop Bernard Hebda of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis said it is the duty of the laity to represent the Catholic faith in ... continue reading
Robin Hood, the legendary hero of English folklore who took from the rich to give to the poor - whose very name conjures up thoughts of ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis explains a crucifix is not just for decoration
- Bl. John of Parma: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- International study shows stem cells can stop MS and relieve symptoms ...
- Stem cell study provides new hope for MS patients
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 35
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education