Living In A World Coated In Toxic Ash
FREE Catholic Classes
Imagine if your family, home, belongings and livelihood are suddenly gone and you are living in a world is coated in toxic ash.
June 9, 2018: Antiqua, Guatemala - The staff at The GOD'S CHILD Projects' Santa Madre (Holy Mother) Homeless Shelter in Antigua, Guatemala are providing safety, food, love, and more during this traumatic time as they care for the newly orphaned and work to reunite families.
The stories unfolding following the recent Fuego volcano eruption are heartbreaking and the anguish the victims express is indescribable.
- Ten-year-old Pablo is traumatized by loss of his home and family members when his entire village was decimated but Fuego's eruption. The volunteers and Santa Madre staff stay close to Pablo, and encourage he and the other children to play with balloons and art supplies, hoping to provide break from the emotional trauma and deep despair. Yesterday, Pablo chose to play soccer, have his face painted and was sword fighting with balloons.
- Another young girl at the shelter mentioned it was her birthday and a volunteer was inspired to surprise her with a cake. Her face lit with her first smile in days. finally smiled.
Simple, but life-changing. These children, if even for a moment, feel safe and are allowed to enjoy being kids amid the chaos. They will always remember that there was some solace and safety available during the most traumatic of times.
The United States charity, The GOD's CHILD Project, is providing emergency help to victims of the violent eruptions of the Fuego volcano in Guatemala by providing shelter, food, emergency medical care and psychological care, showers, laundry tubs, and volunteer assistance.
Donations are desperately needed to continue this acute level of care.
- $20 provides a blanket for a homeless child
- $56 provides two clean water eco-filters to create uncontaminated drinking water
- $150 secures food for fifteen people at the shelter
- $1,000 buys building supplies to rebuild a home
Tax-deductible contributions to the Guatemalan disaster relief efforts being performed by The GOD'S CHILD Project are desparately needed and can be made at www.GodsChild.org. Those who would like to volunteer can call 612-351-8020.
About The GOD'S CHILD Project & Asociacion Nuestros Ahijados: A 501(c)(3) established in 1991 to help severely impoverished children and families break the cycle of poverty with access to education, housing, and healthcare, these charity networks have helped some of the world's most marginalized people rise out of third world living conditions and become self-sufficient. International trips to tour and volunteer at school campuses, clinics and hospital for malnourished children (www.CasaJackson.org) are available. Visit www.GodsChild.org for more information or to donate.
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
- Hail, Holy Queen
- Padre Nuestro - Our Father (Lord's Prayer)
- The Apostles' Creed
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.