Hey dads! Pope Francis has an awesome message for you!
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
3/20/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
On the feast day of St. Joseph, Pope Francis spoke directly to dads, encouraging them to follow the example of St. Joseph and remain close to their children.
Pope Francis follows the example of St. Joseph, and blesses a child. Our clergy are father figures too.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Yesterday was the feast day of St. Joseph and Pope Francis used the occasion to tell dads around the world to stay close to their children.
During his weekly audience in St. Peter's Square, Pope Francis addressed fathers saying, "I ask that you have the grace to be very close to your children, letting them grow, but being by their side. They need you, your presence, to be there, your love!"
Pope Francis explained that St. Joseph was a guardian and drew parallels to teachers, catechists, parents, religious, and priests. Even priests are called to follow the example of St. Joseph as they are Fathers of their congregations.
Pope Francis called fathers to grow in "wisdom and grace," and asked mothers to join in that mission too. "it would be a serious mistake to think that a father and a mother can't do anything to teach their children to grow in God's grace," he said.
As we know, God was the true father of Jesus, yet St. Joseph also said yes to God. He obeyed God's will and cared for Mary and Jesus all the days of his life. He taught Jesus his trade and ensured Jesus was raised according to God's will, for Jesus was born as a human and as such he had human needs.
St. Joseph met these needs without complaint or question.
Men are called to do the same as St. Joseph and meet the needs of their children likewise.
Pope Francis took a celebratory tone towards the end of his message. "Learn from him that only trust in God can turn doubt into certainty, evil into good, total darkness of the night into a radiant dawn!" Then he asked for all of the fathers in the crowd to raise their hands. "Best wishes, all the best on your day!" he hailed.
Pope Francis concluded with the Our Father, joined by the multitudes in the jam-packed square.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MAY 2017
Christians in Africa. That Christians in Africa, in imitation of the Merciful Jesus, may give prophetic witness to reconciliation, justice, and peace.
by Catholic Online
- Catholic Hostages: Filipino Cardinal prays for Islamic militants to ...
- St. Augustine of Canterbury: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- First US female genital mutilation case tries to use Religious ...
- 26 Coptic Christians BRUTALLY MURDERED on bus to St. Samuel Monastery ...
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 27, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.