Exorcist reveals dark secrets of the devil's world
Is an exorcist afraid? What is the devil's favorite sin? These and other questions were tackled in an interview with the Dominican priest, Father Juan Jose Gallego, an exorcist from the Archdiocese of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain.
Who does the devil fear?
Madrid, Spain (CNA) - Almost a decade after Fr. Gallego was appointed as exorcist, he was interviewed by the Spanish daily El Mundo. The priest said that in his experience, pride is the sin the devil likes the most.
"Have you ever been afraid?" the interviewer asked.
"In the beginning I had a lot of fear," Fr. Gallego replied. "All I had to do was look over my shoulder and I saw demons... the other day I was doing an exorcism, 'I command you! I order you!'...and the Evil One, with a loud voice fires back at me: 'Galleeeego, you're over-doooing it.' That shook me."
When people are possessed, he added, "they lose consciousness, they speak strange languages, they have inordinate strength, they feel really bad, you see very well-mannered people vomiting and blaspheming."
"There was a boy whom the demon would set his shirt on fire at night and things like that. He told me what the demons were proposing him to do: If you make a pact with us, you'll never have to go through any more of what you're going through now."
Father Gallego also warned that "New Age" practices like reiki and some yoga can be points of entry for the demons. He also said that addictions are "a type of possession."
"When people are going through a crisis they suffer more. They can feel hopeless. People feel like they've got the devil inside," he said.
This article was originally published on CNA Aug. 25, 2015.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2018
Say 'No' to Corruption. That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 33
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 18, 2018
- St. Cyril of Jerusalem: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Saint Patrick Calls All Christians to be Missionaries to this Age
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education