MIRACLE: St. Januarius' blood liquefies in Naples - recreating blood miracle
FREE Catholic Classes
St. Januarius' blood miraculously liquefies three times a year: the Saturday before the first Sunday of May, September 19 and December 16.
The miracle of St. Januarius was recreated on September 19, 2017.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - According to reports, the blood St. Januarius liquefied in Naples and the miracle of St. Januarius was recreated on September 19, 2017.
The recreation of this miracle is believed to be a good sign for the city of Naples.
During the previous occurrence, on December 16, 2016, the blood did not liquefy. This was believed to be a bad omen and a sign of impending destruction and devastation.
Detailed documentation of this miracle has been kept since 1389, and each time the blood did not liquefy, some disaster occurred shortly after.
According to Dormi A Napoli, the absence of the miracle has preceded 22 epidemics, 11 revolutions, three droughts, 14 archbishops death (within a 30-day period), nine dead popes (over a period of a few weeks), four wars, 19 earthquakes, and three religious persecutions.
Time-specific instances include: 1939, when WWII erupted; 1940, when Italy joined the war; 1943, Italy was occupied by Nazis; 1980, an earthquake hit South Italy.
There is a great relief for all who follow St. Januarius' miracle as his blood did indeed liquefy on September 19, 2017.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for July 2018
Priests and their Pastoral Ministry. That priests, who experience fatigue and loneliness in their pastoral work, may find help and comfort in their intimacy with the Lord and in their friendship with their brother priests.
by Catholic Online
- World Mission Sunday to highlight that youth can evangelize too
- Daily Readings for Sunday, October 21, 2018
- New Zealand bishops reaffirm commitment to government abuse inquiry
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, October 19th, 2018 HD Video
- With city support, Baltimore parish will issue IDs to undocumented ...
- St. Hilarion: Saint of the Day for Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Daily Reading for Sunday, October 21st, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, October 18, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, October 20th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education