Former hostage, Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil meets Pope Francis
Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil has been released from terrorist captivity and has been flown to the Vatican. Yesterday he was able to meet with Pope Francis.
Fr. Tom in Oman, just after his release. We are grateful to the Sultan Said al Said for his help.
Fr. Tom Uzhunnalil has been released, following intervention by the Sultan of Oman, Qaboos Said al Said. Fr. Tom was kidnapped in Yemen and was held by terrorists for 18 months. At several times, his captors threatened to kill him and suggested his death could come at any moment. It was suggested that he was to be crucified on Good Friday, but that report turned out to be false.
Following his release, Fr. Tom was taken to the Vatican by plane where he was given a checkup, new clothes, and was able to meet with Pope Francis.
The Vatican asked the Sultan of Oman to intervene on their behalf and secure the release of Fr. Tom.
An exclusive image of Fr. Tom walking off a plane in Muscat, Oman after being rescued. [Photo by: Benwen Lopez]
The world is grateful for the release of Fr. Tom. We are all grateful for the prayers of the faithful, which were certainly instrumental in the protection and release of Fr. Tom. We thank God for His mercy and his gifts, and for hearing our prayers.
Pope Francis gives Fr. Tom a blessing.
Fr. Tom cleaned up and shaven, slimmer for his ordeal, but healthy. We thank God for his release.
Let us continue to pray for all who are captive, and for all who courageously serve regardless of danger.
Editor's Note: Catholic Online would like to thank its primary source for news and information regarding Fr. Tom.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2018
For those who have Responsibility in Economic Matters. That economists may have the courage to reject any economy of exclusion and know how to open new paths.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- The Catholic Church's Role with Refugees in the U.S.
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - John 3:16 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education