Pope Francis on Trinity Sunday
Through God's mercy the Church can become an image of the communion and goodness of the Trinity, Pope Francis said Sunday in St. Peter's Square.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Vatican City (CNA/EWTN News) - "The Christian community, though with all its human limitations, can become a reflection of the communion of the Trinity, of its goodness and beauty," he said Jun 11 during his Angelus address.
"But this - as Paul himself testifies - passes necessarily through the experience of the mercy of God, of his pardon."
The Pope's address on Trinity Sunday reflected on the "mystery of the identity of God," which so affected St. Paul.
"God is not distant and closed in on himself," Francis reflected, "but rather is the Life which wishes to communicate itself; he is openness; he is the Love which redeems man's infidelity."
God's revelation "has come to completion in the New Testament thanks to words of Christ and to his mission of salvation," he said.
Christ "has shown us the face of God, One in substance and Triune in Persons; God is all and only Love, in a subsisting relationship that creates, redeems, and sanctifies all: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."
The Son of God showed that God first sought us, and revealed that eternal life is precisely "the immeasurable and gratuitous love of the Father that Jesus gave on the Cross, offering his life for our salvation."
"And this love, by the action of the Holy Spirit, has irradiated a new light upon the earth and in every human heart that welcomes it."
"May the Virgin Mary "help us to enter ever more, with our whole selves, into the trinitarian Communion, to live and bear witness to the love that gives sense to our existence," Pope Francis concluded.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2018
For those who have Responsibility in Economic Matters. That economists may have the courage to reject any economy of exclusion and know how to open new paths.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis: Abortion of the sick and mentally ill is a 'Nazi mentality'
- Pope Francis: 'God works in mysterious ways...'
- Pope's climate warning to oil-gas executives: 'There is no time to lose'
- St. Romuald: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: New strain of pandemic flu that kills 4-in-10 ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 18th, 2018 HD
- Addicted to social media and online games? HereĂ˘Â€Â™s how to break the spell HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education