Build Bridges not Walls: Pope Francis calls for Christians to defeat evil with good
Pope Francis has appealed for people to build bridges not walls.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - During his weekly Wednesday audience at the Vatican, the Holy Father spoke out in reflection of young human trafficking victims, touching on the feast day of St. Josephine Bakhita, a Sudanese immigrant who became a nun.
"In the social and civil context as well, I appeal not to create walls but to build bridges...To not respond to evil with evil. To defeat evil with good, the offence with forgiveness. A Christian would never say 'you will pay for that.' Never," expressed Pope Francis. "That is not a Christian gesture. An offence you overcome with forgiveness. To live in peace with everyone."
Pope Francis often urges countries to openly welcome migrants, and he has previously stated that anyone who wants to build a wall is "not Christian."
During his audience, the Pontiff also asked for prayers for Myanmar's Muslim Rohingya ethnic minority facing discrimination in Buddhist-majority Myanmar.
"These are good people, peaceful people," Francis said. "They're not Christians, but they're good, our brothers and sisters. And they have been suffering for years. They've been tortured and killed, simply because they are continuing their traditions, their Muslim faith. Let us pray for them," he said.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2018
Say 'No' to Corruption. That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
by Catholic Online
- Abortion Walkout Protest planned by several high school students HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 23, 2018
- Young Catholics become a minority in places across Europe
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 24th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Friday, March ...
- Vatican to UN, people with Down Syndrome deserve human rights protections
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 38
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 23rd, 2018 HD
- Data taken from Facebook is being used to control you HD
- Sin HD
- NOT AGAIN Ă˘Â€Â" Ă˘Â€ÂMultiple casualtiesĂ˘Â€Â™ at Maryland school shooting HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education