EUCHARISTIC MIRACLE: Bleeding host becomes official after unbelievable DNA testing
FREE Catholic Classes
A bleeding Host, located in Poland, has been approved for veneration and is being described as having "the hallmarks of a Eucharistic miracle."
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - On December 25, 2013, a consecrated host fell to the ground during a Christmas day Mass. According to Bishop Zbigniew Kiernikowski of Legnica, the host was immediately placed in a container of water and soon after, the red stains began to appear on the host.
Following this miraculous discovery, the then-Bishop of Legnica, Stefan Cichy, initiated a commission to monitor the host, according to Catholic News Agency.
Two months after the appearance of the red stains, a small piece of the host was placed on a corporal and was tested by many research institutes.
The final statement by the Department of Forensic Medicine read, "in the histopathological image, the fragments (of the Host) were found containing the fragmented parts of the cross-striated muscle. It is most similar to the heart muscle. Tests also determined the tissue to be of human origin, and found that it bore signs of distress."
Bishop Kiernikowski announced on April 17 that after taking the discovery to the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in January 2016, he received news that, by recommendation from the Holy See, he was to set up a "suitable place for the host so that the faithful could venerate it."
"I hope that this will serve to deepen the cult of the Eucharist and will have deep impact on the lives of people facing the Relic," expressed Bishop Kiernikowski. "We see the mysterious Sign as an extraordinary act of love and goodness of God, who comes to humans in ultimate humiliation."
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2019
Young People and the Example of Mary. That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
by Catholic Online
- Ordenan por primera vez sacerdote a miembro de una tribu de Indonesia
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 18th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD Video
- St. Simon: Saint of the Day for Monday, February 18, 2019
- Liturgy is not 'styles, recipes, trends,' pope tells Divine Worship ...
- Esta es la primera imagen de la Virgen Maria que llego a Mexico hace ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, February 18, 2019
- Catholic Online School - Deacon Keith's Personal Message to All Catholics HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Friday, February 15th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 17th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, February 14th, 2019
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education