Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
Terrorism, disease, natural disasters, war, violence and crime; we live in a world where we see and hear about horrors every day. People are dying every day, in your city, in my city, in a country on the other side of the world. I am afraid. It's hard not to be afraid.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Fear is powerful and when you let it overwhelm you, it's hard to see anything but the fear. When fear becomes a force in your life, it branches off into worries, stress and anxiety; this is all part of the enemy's plan. He wants to drag us down and overshadow our life with an unbearable darkness.
How are we not supposed to worry though? How can we be confident in the future and let our life take its destined course? How do we stop the pestering "what ifs?"
Make the world a better place this Lent - Give something today
What if I mess up and get fired? What if the tire on my car pops and the vehicle flips? What if my child's future isn't great, and it's my fault? Stop.
Take back your life, and don't let fear control you. Replace your constant thoughts of worries and fears with positive ones. Make it a point to pray the Lord's words so often the negative thoughts no longer have a place in your head.
"There's nothing magical about words and verses, but there is power through them, because they're God's words," explained Debbie McDaniel from crosswalk.com. "His words are 'life' words, soothing to our soul, calming to our spirits, giving power to our days."
With help from McDaniel and crosswalk.com, here are 20 verses to remind us, we do not have to fear:
1. "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3
2. "Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid." John 14:27
3. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
4. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
5. "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
6. "Immediately he spoke to them and said, 'Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid.'" Mark 6:50
7. "The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
8. "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
9. "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." Psalm 34:7
10. "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe." Proverbs 29:25
11. "Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you." Deuteronomy 3:22
12. "Jesus told him, 'Don't be afraid; just believe.'" Mark 5:36
13. "The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17
14. "Then he placed his right hand on me and said: 'Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.'" Revelation 1:17
15. "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22
16. "Humble yourselves, then, under God's mighty hand, so that he will lift you up in his own good time. Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7
17. "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:19
18. "But now, this is what the Lord says...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." Isaiah 43:1
19. "Tell everyone who is discouraged, Be strong and don't be afraid! God is coming to your rescue..." Isaiah 35:4
20. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2018
For those who have Responsibility in Economic Matters. That economists may have the courage to reject any economy of exclusion and know how to open new paths.
by Catholic Online
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- Bl. Margaret Pole: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 28, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 28, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education