Pope Francis' Wild Ride - Pope takes happy kids for a spin through St. Peter's Square
By Catholic Online (NEWS CONSORTIUM)
4/16/2014 (3 years ago)
Catholic Online (www.catholic.org)
Pope Francis gave to kids the ride of a lifetime by inviting them for a spin in the Popemobile around St. Peter's Square. The gesture continues to cement Pope Francis as a man of the people who is most comfortable with the throngs of faithful who seek his wisdom and blessing.
Pope Francis kisses Livio Bastianelli and Davide Maria goodbye after their lucky ride.
VATICAN CITY (Catholic Online) - On Wednesday, Pope Francis stepped out of his white, open-top car, which drives him around St. Peter's Square, and greeting a class of fifth-grade students he asked who wanted to take a ride with him through the square.
The Holy Father had plenty of volunteers and he chose Livio Bastianelli and Davide Maria, both 11, were chosen to accompany Pope Francis.
They didn't travel very far, or for a particularly long time, just a spin around the square, but for the kids and those watching it was an incredible occasion. Bastianelli told an AP reporter, "I was really excited, that never happens."
Pope Francis continues to amaze onlookers and surprise the public with his personable nature. He thinks nothing of engaging with individual people within crowds, kissing lepers, blessing children and the infirm, and on his travels, visiting prisoners.
Pope Francis is emulating the work of Jesus Christ who called all people to behave in this fashion, treating children and the unfortunate as members of one's own kin.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JUNE 2017
National Leaders. That national leaders may firmly commit themselves to ending the arms trade, which victimizes so many innocent people.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD Video
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD