Monday Musings - Go See the Movie 'Gimme Shelter'
Those who mock people of Faith, those who further the culture of death, those who portray pregnancy as an unwanted and unnecessary burden, those who exploit children and women for their own sexual gratification or monetary gain, those who market the murder of innocent human life - none of these folk are at all happy that this year's compelling pro-life film, Gimme Shelter, has made it to the theaters of this nation.
Movie 'Gimme Shelter" is powerful, a Must See movie!
CANASTOTA, NY - Truth powerfully and honestly depicted - either through a sonogram showing not a 'blob of tissues' but the beating heart of a living human being encased in a mother's womb or on the 'big screen' portraying the real life struggles of an abandoned, abused and homeless pregnant teenager who discovers hope, faith and love while courageously welcoming and protecting the life within her - is never welcomed by the purveyors of lies and deception. Truth can make these folk uncomfortable. Truth exposes their deception. Truth thwarts the plans of those who intend evil rather than good.Truth allows one to see hope and the possibility of a better future when others claim neither is possible. Truth when coupled with faith in God is an invincible force for good.This is a quality film. The subject matter is real and compelling. The acting is superb. Gimme Shelter has the capacity to change attitudes, lives and our nation.Stand up for Truth. Take a stand for the dignity and value of all human life.Go see this movie. Bring your friends and family. Insist that your local theater show Gimme Shelter.Then go out and do something concrete to help the pregnant teenagers and women in your community.(Take a peak at the Gimme Shelter trailer) Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action'...
A blog through which I promote zeal for the salvation of souls, awe and amazement for the Holy Eucharist and Eucharistic Adoration, and fidelity to the Truths of our Catholic Faith.
Happiness is often a matter of mind over matter - but true joy is a spiritual gift that comes solely through the grace of God. For many, ... continue reading
Clinical depression is so prevalent these days that well over 21 million Americans experience it every year. Most come to understand the ... continue reading
The following is adapted from Adele M. Gill's new inspirational self-help book entitled, 'From Broken to Blest: Embracing the Healing that ... continue reading
As we grow in the Christian faith, we need to understand and come to believe, that anyone can change for the better at any time. For many ... continue reading
Those who visit my blog, know how blessed I have been over the years to spend time in retreat at the Abbey at the Genesee in Piffard, New ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD Video
- 'I'm too ashamed to go to confession, what do I do?'
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 23, 2018
- What is fasting and why does it matter?
- St. Polycarp: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 23, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD Video
- Six great meatless soup recipes for Lent - Home & Food
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Seal of the Prophet Isaiah found in Israel
- Bet you didn't know these 10 things about St. Patrick and Ireland! - ...
- The cries of our children in school are the echoes of the cries from ...
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD
- AmericaĂ˘Â€Â™s pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education