SEVEN Very Important Reasons to Ditch Diet Soda NOW!
I am one of your die-hard diet soda drinkers; I love my Diet Coke. I do not drink one every day, but almost every day. Here are some startling facts I think you should know about.
Drinking diet soda is very unhealthy for you.
Published in Blog
Keywords: diet, soda, coke, sugar, diabetes, kidney failure, weight gain, soda, diet soda, aspertame, metabolic syndrome, dental erosion, depression, sugar addiction, carbohydrates, craving, caffeine, diuretic, migrane, memory loss, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - After doing my research I will not drink my diet Coke ever again.
1. According to a Harvard Medical School study, drinking diet soda daily is associated with a twofold-increased risk of KIDNEY DECLINE.
2. Sipping more than a diet soda a day could increase you risk of STROKE AND HEART ATTACK by 43%.
3. Diet soda is linked to a 34% higher risk of METABOLIC SYNDROME, the group of symptoms that include belly fat and high cholesterol that puts you a risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that diet soda can actually cause weight gain. In a recent study, 48% of diet soda drinkers showed an increase in metabolic syndrome - leading to significant weight gain.
4. Research has linked the acidity in diet soda to DENTAL EROSION.
There is nothing good about diet sodas.
5. The American Academy of Neurology, warns that drinking four or more cans of soda per day increases your risk by 30% of suffering from DEPRESSION. Aspartame and saccharine risks are many, these sweeteners found in diet soda, are considered by the US Food and Drug Administration to be safe for consumption. However, they do acknowledge that these artificial sweeteners have been linked to a number of side effects, such as dizziness, migraines, memory loss, diarrhea and mood swings.
6. SUGAR ADDICTION is a huge problem even though diet sodas boast of having no sugar at all, while still having the same sweet taste. But our brains think that we are drinking something sweet, and our bodies know that we are not. The chemicals that trick your brain will trigger your body to start craving for sweet things. You will find yourself reaching for cupcakes or potato chips and frequently craving carbohydrates.
7. Caffeine is a diuretic, so while you may think you're quenching your thirst with the soda, you are in fact losing more fluids. Caffeine is also a highly addictive substance that has been linked to INSOMNIA, ANXIETY DISORDERS AND FATIGUE.
8. Decreased Libido is linked to drinking all soda's including diet. Aspartame can inhibit serotonin and causes headaches, depression, irritability, anxiety attacks, insomnia. Serotonin is considered a "feel good" hormone and without sufficient supplies of this, mood and libido could suffer." It is proven that aspartame can affect the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is necessary in the proper amounts for normal sexual behavior.
Now I am not suggesting that the occasional diet soda will hurt you, or for you to go out and drink the sugar laden regular sodas [please see my blog on sodas}, but I am suggesting that we be aware of what we are putting into our bodies, and what it does to us.
My Tip of the Day: Loosing 5% of your body weight can lower your risk of developing diabetes by up to 70%.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2018
For those who have Responsibility in Economic Matters. That economists may have the courage to reject any economy of exclusion and know how to open new paths.
The Challenge of Easter Watch
Going through the checkout at the shops I got talking with the girl behind the cash register who proceeded to tell me that Good Friday was ... continue reading
Do You Have a Thorn? Watch
Have you ever cried out to God to remove a 'thorn,' a problem from your life? Even St. Paul experienced ongoing weakness, which Scripture ... continue reading
Happiness is often a matter of mind over matter - but true joy is a spiritual gift that comes solely through the grace of God. For many, ... continue reading
This past March 13, we celebrated the fifth anniversary of Pope Francis's election to the papacy. I recall five years ago watching EWTN's ... continue reading
Jesus said to them, "Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 As Christians, we have the extraordinary opportunity to ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Another priest murdered in Mexico
- Disability rights group addresses proposed New York suicide law
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Blessing of a Bedroom HD Video
- Was Toronto terror suspect motivated by celibacy?
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 25, 2018
- Toronto terror suspect motivated by celibacy HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 26th, 2018 HD
- Every Earth Day, Remember Our Place in Creation HD
- Two Leaves Tea at Catholic Online Shopping HD
- Beautiful Divine Mercy One Decade Rosary at Catholic Online Shopping HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education