SEVEN Very Important Reasons to Ditch Diet Soda NOW!
I am one of your die-hard diet soda drinkers; I love my Diet Coke. I do not drink one every day, but almost every day. Here are some startling facts I think you should know about.
Drinking diet soda is very unhealthy for you.
Published in Blog
Keywords: diet, soda, coke, sugar, diabetes, kidney failure, weight gain, soda, diet soda, aspertame, metabolic syndrome, dental erosion, depression, sugar addiction, carbohydrates, craving, caffeine, diuretic, migrane, memory loss, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - After doing my research I will not drink my diet Coke ever again.
1. According to a Harvard Medical School study, drinking diet soda daily is associated with a twofold-increased risk of KIDNEY DECLINE.
2. Sipping more than a diet soda a day could increase you risk of STROKE AND HEART ATTACK by 43%.
3. Diet soda is linked to a 34% higher risk of METABOLIC SYNDROME, the group of symptoms that include belly fat and high cholesterol that puts you a risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that diet soda can actually cause weight gain. In a recent study, 48% of diet soda drinkers showed an increase in metabolic syndrome - leading to significant weight gain.
4. Research has linked the acidity in diet soda to DENTAL EROSION.
There is nothing good about diet sodas.
5. The American Academy of Neurology, warns that drinking four or more cans of soda per day increases your risk by 30% of suffering from DEPRESSION. Aspartame and saccharine risks are many, these sweeteners found in diet soda, are considered by the US Food and Drug Administration to be safe for consumption. However, they do acknowledge that these artificial sweeteners have been linked to a number of side effects, such as dizziness, migraines, memory loss, diarrhea and mood swings.
6. SUGAR ADDICTION is a huge problem even though diet sodas boast of having no sugar at all, while still having the same sweet taste. But our brains think that we are drinking something sweet, and our bodies know that we are not. The chemicals that trick your brain will trigger your body to start craving for sweet things. You will find yourself reaching for cupcakes or potato chips and frequently craving carbohydrates.
7. Caffeine is a diuretic, so while you may think you're quenching your thirst with the soda, you are in fact losing more fluids. Caffeine is also a highly addictive substance that has been linked to INSOMNIA, ANXIETY DISORDERS AND FATIGUE.
8. Decreased Libido is linked to drinking all soda's including diet. Aspartame can inhibit serotonin and causes headaches, depression, irritability, anxiety attacks, insomnia. Serotonin is considered a "feel good" hormone and without sufficient supplies of this, mood and libido could suffer." It is proven that aspartame can affect the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is necessary in the proper amounts for normal sexual behavior.
Now I am not suggesting that the occasional diet soda will hurt you, or for you to go out and drink the sugar laden regular sodas [please see my blog on sodas}, but I am suggesting that we be aware of what we are putting into our bodies, and what it does to us.
My Tip of the Day: Loosing 5% of your body weight can lower your risk of developing diabetes by up to 70%.
I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2018
For those who have Responsibility in Economic Matters. That economists may have the courage to reject any economy of exclusion and know how to open new paths.
'The fervent prayer of a righteous person is very powerful.' James 5:16 Sometimes we can go at it alone, yet other times we need God's help ... continue reading
"And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you ... continue reading
Sunday's Gospel command (Matthew 8:16-20) to make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and Holy ... continue reading
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." Psalm 145:17-18Jesus stands in wait to help those who ... continue reading
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of ...
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Pope Francis: Take in refugees, invest in poor countries
- The Catholic Church's Role with Refugees in the U.S.
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD Video
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - John 3:16 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education