Sleep Problem Solutions, 10 Easy Tips to a Better Sleep.
Do you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Do you feel worn out, sluggish and crabby? Do you feel like you are functioning in a fog? You may be sleep deprived.
Millions of Americans have trouble sleeping.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - Sleep is so important to us that even losing an hour or two of sleep can interfere with a person's judgment. Interrupted sleep happens to all of us once in a while. But with chronic interrupted sleep, or not enough sleep, we can develop serious health problems as well as depression, and decreased mental functioning. 
Try these ten easy tips for a better sleep.
1. Set a regular bedtime. Go to bed at the same time every night. Our sleep-wake cycle, our "circadian rhythm" is regulated by our brain. It is important to keep a regular bedtime, even on the weekend when you may be tempted to stay up late. Our brains rely on routine for good function.
2. Wake up at the same time every day. Our brain and body need balance in our sleep-wake cycle. Resist the temptation to sleep late on the weekend, you will begin to feel sharper and clearer with routine.
3. Nap to make up for lost sleep. Napping early in the afternoon is proven to be beneficial to our health. Limit the naps to 30 minutes or less, to prevent making falling asleep at bedtime worse.
4. Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Routines such as taking a hot bath, then reading a book or listen to relaxing music. Reading a book or an eReader that needs an additional light source. Avoid reading from a back-lit device such as an iPad at night. The blue light from the back lit device will trick your brain into thinking it is daytime and your natural melatonin production will decrease.
Turn off your television and computer. Watching TV or surfing the NET can actually stimulate the mind with the blue light it emits, suppressing melatonin production and cause us to have difficulty in falling asleep. If there is a TV show that you just can's miss, try recording it on your DVR, or watch is the next day online. I personally use Hulu Plus and Netflix to watch my favorite TV shows.
Sleeping is important to our health
5. Make your bedroom sleep friendly. Reduce the noise in your room. If outside sounds are intruding, try using white noise from a sound machine. I use a white noise app on my iPhone to mask outside sounds, and it works wonderfully.
Keep your room cool. It has been shown that we sleep best in a slightly cool room, around 65 degrees F. or 18 degrees C. Too cold a room will interfere with our sleep as much as a too hot room.
Sleep on a comfortable bed and with a good pillow. Restless sleep and awakening with aches and pains, may be because of your mattress or pillow.
6. Avoid eating meals late at night. The increase to our metabolism by digestion can keep us awake cause heartburn and acid reflux.
7. Avoid alcohol at night. Contrary to popular belief, alcohol reduces our sleep quality, and will cause us to wake up intermittently.
8. Avoid caffeine 10 to 12 hours before bed. By just doing this alone, should help you fall asleep easier.
9. Try relaxation techniques before bed. Deep breathing, practicing progressive muscle relaxation and visualization of a favorite peaceful place does wonders for our minds.
10. Don't smoke before bed. I suggest you stop or at least try not to smoke just before bed. Nicotine is a stimulant and causes difficulty falling asleep at night and waking up in the morning. 
1. Psychology Today
2. National Sleep Foundation
My tip for the day: Relax: This super simple exercise is incredibly powerful and can help improve your memory and manage stress. Breathe in as you (silently) count to eight, hold your breath for a heartbeat or two, then slowly exhale as you count to eight. Repeat.
Until next time, I believe that Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for JULY 2017
Lapsed Christians. That our brothers and sisters who have strayed from the faith, through our prayer and witness to the Gospel, may rediscover the merciful closeness of the Lord and the beauty of the Christian life.
It is important to find a way to give God thanks for all His blessings upon your life, and your children and loved ones. Manifest your ... continue reading
Some Catholic theologians, clergy and writers teach that we should have a reasonable hope all men and women will be saved. We should reject ... continue reading
Your Love Defends Me Watch
Matt Maher's recent song "Your Love Defends Me" expresses his faith in God's love for us. In this song, Matt and his band adeptly blend ... continue reading
Watch out! The sheep are stirring - looking for their silent Shepherds to speak.Every day human lives are violently destroyed within the ... continue reading
What do demons, swine and an unwelcoming town have to do with the Eucharist? The Gospel read at Mass one day during my recent silent ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD