Unrefined Coconut Oil: A Super-Food with Amazing Health Benefits
FREE Catholic Classes
In the last thirty years coconut oil has gone from an industry shunned oil to its newer level as a miracle healthy super-food. Organic, unrefined, expeller-pressed (extra virgin) oil is the best to consume as the more processing coconut undergoes, the less health value it has.
Coconut oil is a healthy super-food.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - About three years ago, I remember seeing a video on YouTube by a physician, Dr. Mary Newport, from Tampa Bay, FL. Her husband had moderate to severe Alzheimer disease, and was having difficulty with memory, communication and completing daily living tasks. She made a video of her husband and his handicaps and then compiled over several weeks, video clips of her husbands improvement. She was feeding him and herself with a little over 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily in oatmeal. I was impressed with the results so much that I personally started using coconut oil because of this video.
I was unable to find this original video, but there are many others, including the video included with this blog, available to watch. In-fact, this same physician, has made several newer videos on the benefits of coconut oil.
While I was researching coconut oil, the common theme, whether it was a personal story, clinical research or physician documentation, was that coconut oil has many health benefits. Here are my top 5 reasons to take coconut oil daily.
1. It benefits people with dementia and Alzheimer disease, and eases brain fog. Brain fog is not a medical term, it is a description by people that have taken coconut oil and within 20 to 30 minutes, feel that their brains are sharper and the "brain fog" has lifted.
2. Coconut oil increases your metabolism. This goes hand in hand with the reports of sharper brain functioning and more energy.
3. It promotes heart health, and helps to decrease cholesterol levels and increase your good cholesterol.
4. It is a natural booster to your thyroid function. This also increases energy and your feelings of well-being.
5. Coconut oil is awesome as a natural skin softener. Use it on your feet to soften and soothe dry rough heels.
I personally use coconut oil in cooking and as a spread on toast. I love the taste. It did take me a little while to get used to using it instead of butter, because I liked the salty taste of butter. In fact, I salted the top of my toast with coconut oil initially, before I got accustomed to the taste. I do not recommend you do this.
My next couple of blogs will have more information on the benefits of coconut oil and some yummy recipes with coconut oil as an ingredient.
My tip for today: Walking is the simplest way to begin exercising, it is easy to do, it makes you feel great, doesn't require fancy equipment, helps reduce feelings of depression, raises your good cholesterol, helps maintain strong bones and reduces stress.
Until next time, I believe Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for January 2019
Young People and the Example of Mary. That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
Those who visit my blog, know how blessed I have been over the years to spend time in retreat at the Abbey at the Genesee in Piffard, New ... continue reading
The gifts of the Magi - gold, frankincense, and myrrh - were expensive and very significant physical gifts. But they pale in comparison to ... continue reading
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 Joy vs happiness. Happiness and joy appear to be similar, ... continue reading
"For the sake of my family and friends...Peace be within you." Psalm 122:8 // NIV Whenever we get together with family over the holidays, ... continue reading
"And Mary said: 'My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord my spirit rejoices in God my savior.'" Luke 1:46-47 Today is a very ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, January 18, 2019
- Guam archdiocese files for bankruptcy following sex abuse lawsuits
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 19th, 2019HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, January 17th, 2019
- Bill to ban revenge porn introduced in Montana
- St. Volusian: Saint of the Day for Friday, January 18, 2019
- Holy cow: Farm animals receive blessing outside St Peter's Square
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 18th, 2019 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 17th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education