Unrefined Coconut Oil: A Super-Food with Amazing Health Benefits
In the last thirty years coconut oil has gone from an industry shunned oil to its newer level as a miracle healthy super-food. Organic, unrefined, expeller-pressed (extra virgin) oil is the best to consume as the more processing coconut undergoes, the less health value it has.
Coconut oil is a healthy super-food.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - About three years ago, I remember seeing a video on YouTube by a physician, Dr. Mary Newport, from Tampa Bay, FL. Her husband had moderate to severe Alzheimer disease, and was having difficulty with memory, communication and completing daily living tasks. She made a video of her husband and his handicaps and then compiled over several weeks, video clips of her husbands improvement. She was feeding him and herself with a little over 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily in oatmeal. I was impressed with the results so much that I personally started using coconut oil because of this video.
I was unable to find this original video, but there are many others, including the video included with this blog, available to watch. In-fact, this same physician, has made several newer videos on the benefits of coconut oil.
While I was researching coconut oil, the common theme, whether it was a personal story, clinical research or physician documentation, was that coconut oil has many health benefits. Here are my top 5 reasons to take coconut oil daily.
1. It benefits people with dementia and Alzheimer disease, and eases brain fog. Brain fog is not a medical term, it is a description by people that have taken coconut oil and within 20 to 30 minutes, feel that their brains are sharper and the "brain fog" has lifted.
2. Coconut oil increases your metabolism. This goes hand in hand with the reports of sharper brain functioning and more energy.
3. It promotes heart health, and helps to decrease cholesterol levels and increase your good cholesterol.
4. It is a natural booster to your thyroid function. This also increases energy and your feelings of well-being.
5. Coconut oil is awesome as a natural skin softener. Use it on your feet to soften and soothe dry rough heels.
I personally use coconut oil in cooking and as a spread on toast. I love the taste. It did take me a little while to get used to using it instead of butter, because I liked the salty taste of butter. In fact, I salted the top of my toast with coconut oil initially, before I got accustomed to the taste. I do not recommend you do this.
My next couple of blogs will have more information on the benefits of coconut oil and some yummy recipes with coconut oil as an ingredient.
My tip for today: Walking is the simplest way to begin exercising, it is easy to do, it makes you feel great, doesn't require fancy equipment, helps reduce feelings of depression, raises your good cholesterol, helps maintain strong bones and reduces stress.
Until next time, I believe Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2017 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for MARCH 2017
Support for Persecuted Christians. That persecuted Christians may be supported by the prayers and material help of the whole Church.
Be Forgiven Watch
This is an update of a <a href="https://www.christianmusicality.com/?cat=31">previous post</a>.As Christians, we all know that ... continue reading
Strength. The world tells us, in the spirit of survival of the fittest, that we need to depend on our own strength and avoid any possible ... continue reading
Come To The Cross Watch
In this Lenten season, Christians are asked to prepare themselves for Easter, celebrating Jesus Christ rising from the dead and declaring ... continue reading
Happiness is often a matter of mind over matter - but true joy is a spiritual gift that comes solely through the grace of God. For many, ... continue reading
Her husband and I met for the first time at the party and it turned out that I'd made quite an impression on him. Unfortunately, it wasn't ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- St. Dismas: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 25, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.