Unrefined Coconut Oil: A Super-Food with Amazing Health Benefits
In the last thirty years coconut oil has gone from an industry shunned oil to its newer level as a miracle healthy super-food. Organic, unrefined, expeller-pressed (extra virgin) oil is the best to consume as the more processing coconut undergoes, the less health value it has.
Coconut oil is a healthy super-food.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Rise Above Health Blog) - About three years ago, I remember seeing a video on YouTube by a physician, Dr. Mary Newport, from Tampa Bay, FL. Her husband had moderate to severe Alzheimer disease, and was having difficulty with memory, communication and completing daily living tasks. She made a video of her husband and his handicaps and then compiled over several weeks, video clips of her husbands improvement. She was feeding him and herself with a little over 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily in oatmeal. I was impressed with the results so much that I personally started using coconut oil because of this video.
I was unable to find this original video, but there are many others, including the video included with this blog, available to watch. In-fact, this same physician, has made several newer videos on the benefits of coconut oil.
While I was researching coconut oil, the common theme, whether it was a personal story, clinical research or physician documentation, was that coconut oil has many health benefits. Here are my top 5 reasons to take coconut oil daily.
1. It benefits people with dementia and Alzheimer disease, and eases brain fog. Brain fog is not a medical term, it is a description by people that have taken coconut oil and within 20 to 30 minutes, feel that their brains are sharper and the "brain fog" has lifted.
2. Coconut oil increases your metabolism. This goes hand in hand with the reports of sharper brain functioning and more energy.
3. It promotes heart health, and helps to decrease cholesterol levels and increase your good cholesterol.
4. It is a natural booster to your thyroid function. This also increases energy and your feelings of well-being.
5. Coconut oil is awesome as a natural skin softener. Use it on your feet to soften and soothe dry rough heels.
I personally use coconut oil in cooking and as a spread on toast. I love the taste. It did take me a little while to get used to using it instead of butter, because I liked the salty taste of butter. In fact, I salted the top of my toast with coconut oil initially, before I got accustomed to the taste. I do not recommend you do this.
My next couple of blogs will have more information on the benefits of coconut oil and some yummy recipes with coconut oil as an ingredient.
My tip for today: Walking is the simplest way to begin exercising, it is easy to do, it makes you feel great, doesn't require fancy equipment, helps reduce feelings of depression, raises your good cholesterol, helps maintain strong bones and reduces stress.
Until next time, I believe Faith can move mountains.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for FEBRUARY 2018
Say 'No' to Corruption. That those who have material, political or spiritual power may resist any lure of corruption.
"I feel so incomplete," the Pastor announced at the end of the Mass. CANASTOTA, NY - The parish we had visited during a recent trip had ... continue reading
"If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31). This Scripture serves as a powerful reminder that when God is on our side, when ... continue reading
Happiness is often a matter of mind over matter - but true joy is a spiritual gift that comes solely through the grace of God. For many, ... continue reading
Clinical depression is so prevalent these days that well over 21 million Americans experience it every year. Most come to understand the ... continue reading
The following is adapted from Adele M. Gill's new inspirational self-help book entitled, 'From Broken to Blest: Embracing the Healing that ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 33
- Saint Patrick Calls All Christians to be Missionaries to this Age
- St. Cyril of Jerusalem: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 18, 2018
- pictures of saints
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education